Thursday 26 January 2012

As mentioned previously I was looking to start a Warhammer 40k Chaos Marine army and trying to work out the colour scheme for the force. Well here are my two options.  I can either go for a grey armour or a rusty armour. (Hope you can tell it's rust!) I want them to have a run down shabby look that I think is suitable to rats as I don't see them looking after their equipment particularly well. I know skaven Marines have been done before a number of times, which tells me that it's not a terrible idea. I imagine their fleet got trapped in some kind of Chaos storm and the only other living organisms (of a certain size Germs don't count) on board the ships  mutated into a meld of species. As shipborne Marines I see them as less reliant on big fighting machines and more on close quarter battles. I appreciate that the fleet could and probably would have a stock of Land Raiders, rhinos and the rest, so I may allow myself a couple of vehicles but on the whole I'll try to limit them. I do like the idea of dreadnoughts though as I can see them along with terminators being used on board ships. As I want this to be a cheap project I think I'll stick to what I can get at the right price on eBay. I have enough pieces to get a complete squad done before I need to go looking for more though . These were painted about 6 months apart as I was dithering over them and could not decide where it was going. My nephew by the way loves them and really wants to make his own, but I am trying to restrict him as while he's a good painter/modeller for his age he is only 10 years old.  So for now I'll just decide on the colours and maybe get some more done. Always open to suggestions colour wise, but orange and purple stripes is not going to happen. And if you insist that It should I look forward to seeing yours.

Elsewhere in the Shed, the moon board has had another coat of muck and should get it's final one on Monday when it should be dried out. I'm not gonna rush them as that's no use to anyone and WILL result in more work needed to tidy up where they would have gone wrong. I did have a look at it this morning and it does need several days to dry out, so I anticipate a week before this one is to the same stage as the others. And then only two more after that.

It was raining very heavily when I knocked of work this morning and I didn't fancy going to B and Q. But that is the next step for the First BROADSIDE board. I have sketched it out roughly and am happy with the sizes. I would like the cliffs taller but we do have to be "semi"-realistic so they are only 10 inches tall. It's the kind of crazy thing I might change later and double the height, but for now they look about right. As you can tell I am not being decisive.

Nothing much is happening on the painting table, I seem to be out of the swing of it for the moment. Maybe that will change over the weekend.

Thanks for reading, I'll post again Saturday and hope to get to B+Q>. Cheers Clint

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment.