Wednesday 23 May 2012

British Squad


Fire Team A
Fire Team A (back)
As you can see I have managed to paint some British Infantry. Actually I have finished all the figures now. (Until I buy more of course and we all know I will even if I say I wont). The figures are all Elhiem 20mm painted in acrylics. I have taken 2 pics of each fire team.The weapons are as follows (left to right).
  • Grenadier with Sa80 UGL (Under slung grenade Launcher)
  • Gunner with L108A1 SAW
  • Squad leader with Sa80
  • Gunner with Minimi
Fire Team B
Fire Team B

Fire Team B (again left to right).

  • Gunner with L108A1 SAW
  • Gunner 7.62mm GPMG
  • Fire Team Leader with Sa80
  • Gunner with Minimi.
I feel sure that this is not the correct TO&E for a British Squad, however it is the one presented in some of the scenarios for Force on Force in the "Enduring Freedom" supplement. I could have put a designated marksman rifleman in the mix for example and taken out a Minimi. But at the end of the day I am happy with them as a force and for this purpose it is for a game.

Thanks for looking, more on Friday.All the best Clint





7 comments:

  1. Nice painting Clint!!! You must have quite a large army now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Large Nope Small. British less than a Platoon in all. But that's enough for now. The firepower they kick out is impressive.

      Delete
  2. Lovely work Clint, in the field I'm sure organisation in the field changes all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep in the field it all changes. This set up is a lot closer to the Royal Marines, than the British Army.... at least for now )

      Delete
  3. Very nice sir! I like how you based them as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a cracking job on them. The camo effect turned out quite nicely and the basework looks suitably arid.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment.