Monday 18 June 2012

Getting Shirty

I did not get as much done as I had anticipated over the weekend. No new figures to show you today.  I did however get the design for the club shirts finalised. They guys wanted black as they thought it was more slimming. It costs more but what can you do. Originally I wanted the logo on the back of the tee shirts but that would have doubled the price, so instead I settled on just over the left breast. As you can see it is my typical dice rolling level on the graphic, unless I need to roll low in which case "Box-cars" is far more likely.
The game I played at the club yesterday was not really visual, 1200th scale ancient galleys. I had never in my life tried ancient naval games, so it was a pleasant change of pace, if not change of result as I graham managed to ram my ships about 4 times as often as I did his. Needless to say as a fleet admiral of this period I have the command ability of Captain Mannering from Dads army. Overall I did enjoy it and would play it again.
That's it for today. Hope to post again on Wednesday, All the best Clint.

10 comments:

  1. Nice logo mate. Slimming counts for alot :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Black slimming, but dull. (Can you guess it was not my first choice!)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Not as posh as having individuals names on them!! But we are not as wealthy as the Rejects!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, But I don't think the Paris Catwalks are worried. If the club like them that's enough for now.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. took me five attempts to get the right shirt design. I still like design 1 best, but was just not a practicle design from a printing/cost point of view. But Quite happy with MkV.

      Delete
  5. Very nice Clint. Are these the shirts that go with the black stocking and red suspender belts? I think it will work, a whole 'Rocky Horror' thing going on at Rainham it seems! Why not, if you have the legs for it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, The ones you mention are more transparant and with lace sections. (good grief)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.