As a club we were luck enough to have Karl from "Crooked Dice" run a game for us. This is his show game, "You only live Dice!" The situation is that... it was a quiet day at the office, the office being a dormant volcano somewhere in the home counties. And my security chief caught some Eco terrorists breaking in so we locked them in a cupboard and carried on with our work. The next thing we know all these butch burly men arrived in a helicopter and started attacking us. It's just not cricket! The rocket countdown had started and we were struggling to install the crop fertiliser before it lifted off.
|Barrel at end of first move.|
|The Burly Eco terrorists cower behind cover.|
|Stalwart technical staff carry out Moving and Handling protocols while being shot at.|
|Rampaging Eco terrorists destroy private property!|
|Dr Mao intervenes.|
Ok I was the baddies and we lost, because I roll Naff dice. I Failed my Morale test, used a luck pointTo re-roll it and then rolled a 1. Meaning 4 of my staff had to leave the board. At this stage I only had 4 left so for me it was game over. I was supposedly playing a bady, but I think they were just misunderstood. All in all a very enjoyable game. But Next time the forces of "Good" need to follow the letter of the law and I will need to see a search warrant.
There was just time for a second game so I stepped out and all new players were brought in. Karl is the guy behind the screen. It is not a ref's screen from role playing, but it could have functioned as one should the need have arisen.
Kev and Stew were the evil forces this time and Tim and Frasier the goodies. The game flowed faster on the second run through as these guys tended not to worry too much about cover, but did try to move about in the open.I won't give a detailed description of all the actions, but there are the hi lights.
- The barrel of Nerve Gas first tried the right most gantry, then the middle and finally started to come down the slope.
- The Fembots in the control room held up Pandora King and Dr Soloman for a lot of the game.
- Dr Mao used his jet pack to move into the middle of Captain Gordons men and then used a sonic stunner to make most of them unconscious.
- The game was a lot more bloodthirsty from the start with movement being preferred over cover.
- Kevin made exactly the same morale roll as me including the re-roll, but having one extra figure meant that he could keep his star on the table while all my fled.
- Dr Mao managed to reach the escape helicopter.
- Tan (Tim's co star) managed to shoot both technicians carrying the gas with a long range SMG shot without hitting the gas canister.