I have called todays post double trouble for two reasons. Firstly I have finished my second Yetti. I am sure you have already looked to the right and noticed him, if not feel free to do so now! As my second Yetti, I have no plans for more just yet, double trouble is a good enough title. The Front on Faceial shot was a bit blurry so I have left that one out, but two photos would seem to fit todays theme better so I will not retake the photo we shall all just have to imagine it! As mentioned last time it is from Newline designs nicely cast and not overly expensive, cheap if you are going purely on the metal involved. When I originally bought these two I was thinking of a 6mm King Kong game. I still have not ruled it out, but as it stands I don't want to make the 6mm scale city, far too many other "priority" projects.
The second item is the list of questions Ray ("Don't throw a one") and Fran ("The Angry Lurker") put forward from one of thier late night discussions. I know that many bloggers have already put thier 20 awnsers up so now you have to suffer mine as well!
1. Favourite Wargaming period and why?
I think I should Say whatever the guys down the club are playing. It is all well and good me saying I like this or that period but if I am doing it on my own then that's not a lot of fun.
2. Next period, money no object?28mm Battletech! That took no time at all to think about.
3. Favourite 5 films?In no Particular order, Terminator, Pay it Forward, The Godfather, Once apon a time in the West, and Aliens.
4. Favourite 5 TV series?Blakes 7, Cheyenne (I was named after this programme), Spooks, Hustle and Thunderbirds.
5. Favourite book and author?Favorite Book, "Architecture of the Italian Renaissence"
Favorite Author.... don't know so a random I like......"Larry Niven"
If book and author have to be the same publication..... "Dream Park" Lary Niven and Steven Barnes.
6. Greatest General? Can’t count yourself!!Duke of Marlbourgh.... I equate my generalship to a par with Captain Mannering from Dad's Army!
7. Favourite Wargames rules?Having thought long and Hard about this I have to go with Necromunda (1st Edition). It spawned lots of off shoots (never as good as the original) and kept me and my friends ammused for several years.
8. Favourite Sport and team?Favorite sport to take part in White water Kayaking, favorite Team "England"
9. If you had a only use once time machine, when and where would you go?Despite the fact that I would like to say something clever like Nazereth to see (or not see) a particular biblical event (or not). I think "realistically" as realistically as one can be when talking about time travel. I would have to settle for going back to win the rollover euro lottery JACKPOT. Win it the week before it reaches the top when no one else won it!
10. Last meal on Death Row?The Still beating heart of whom so ever framed me to put me on Death row, Ketchup and a couple of slices of bread and butter! Lemon marague pie and Icecream for desert and a bottle of "berlina weiss" beer to wash it down. (Better make it a crate of beer.)
11. Fantasy relationship and why?
Phillipa Forrester. Intelligent, charismatic, witty and good looking.... "Thinking mans Crumpet!" Nuff said!
12. If your life were a movie, who would play you?Ideally I would get Nick Park to do me in "Claymation" If you want a "real" Actor, Ron Pearlman.
13. Favourite Comic Superhero?Favorite hero... My dad of course.
Favorite Comic superhero, Boris the Bear. He kills all the fluffy animal cartoons in the first edition!
14. Favourite Military quote?"I counted them all out, and I counted them all back." I vividly recall watching this on my black and white telly.
15. Historical destination to visit?Florence.
16. Biggest Wargaming regret?Not finishing all the wargames projects I have bought figures for in the past.
17. Favourite Fantasy job?Location scout for the James bond films.
18. Favourite Song, Top 5?Annes Song By John Denver. Jane By Barenakedladies.Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones, Stand by me by Ben E King, and the Earl of Oxfords March.
19. Favourite Wargaming Moment?Provbably the Necromunda campaign I ran about 25 years ago. All the players in it still talk about it and is most likely the reason I said the Necromunda rules for question 7.
20. The miserable Git question, what upsets you?
Cruelty, injustice and my own inadequacies.
I would also like to pose a couple more questions to Fran and Ray.
21, Top 5 Artists, (2D or 3D including Architecture, print, or design.)
22, Favorite Mythical creature.
Thanks for reading more on Tuesday! All the best Clint, hope that was not too self indulgent.
Post script I ammended a couple of awnsers when I thought about them some more.