Thursday 25 October 2012

Jim Barrowight!

 A single 28mm figure finished yesterday. This is "Jim Barrowight" from Crooked Dice. Obviously based on a Dr. Who character but I shall use it for a wide variety of games, most notably as a zombie survivor. Although I am also considering a "Sweeny" type game so he could be either a police detective or a  sinister vilian. so quite a versatile figure. I am also reminded of Terminator for some reason, probably the coat!The figure is armed with a pistol in a holster (on his hip) but otherwise carries no visable weapons. That said given the trench coat he could have anything under there, well anything smaller than a kitchen sink, not that a kitchen sink would be typically useful  in a zombie or cop game. I wanted a small break from 15mm WW2 so I took this figure on from the stack of lead which I have yet to finish. I am sure we are all the same and crave variety at times and I personally like changing painting scales, subjects and genres mostly because I find it hard to settle on one thing for long. It's probably a character flaw! Having said that I will be back to the 15mm figures today having already started my next batch.
Elsewhere in my wargames life I have been doing some background reading for the game I want to put on at BROADSIDE 2013. As a club we have settled on a WW1 game. And Tim (from Frontline/IT miniatures) will be bringing a couple of samples to the next club so I can have a practice painting them. I am very lucky that the guys will leave it to me to sort out exactly what we shall be doing and having started reading several ideas floating round my head. All have some merit, it's just deciding what I want it to look like and what I think will grab others imaginations! We do afterall want people to look at the game and then rush to buy some figures from Tim! Whether they will or not is another matter, as we all go to shows with a list in our heads. So I don't think it will happen on the day but with luck in the later months. Obviously one force will be German, but I am undecided on the opponents at the moment, could be Belgium, British or Portugese!

That's todays post, thanks for reading. All the Best Clint. Next update Sunday!

9 comments:

  1. Nicely done mate, The coat looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Clint, I'm sure Mr Barrowman would approve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who? No Dr Who and Torchwood are real. They are documentories, completely Factual!

      Delete
  3. Good work Clint and already planning for Broadside as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear. Let's hope you do as well next year as this!

      Delete
  4. Very nice figure there chap. I do love those Crooked Dice stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers Mate. Yes I have about £40 of Crooked Dice figures still to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking figure, looking forward to hearing more about your show plans too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. SEveral ideas for the show game at present. Everything I read in the background offers me more choices. I shall need to narrow it down pretty soon.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.