Sunday 31 March 2013

Happy Easter

Without kids all the holidays kind of sneak up on me and this Easter is no exception. I did manage to buy myself an Easter egg though so It's not a bad thing. Actually out of all the holidays we have in the year Easter is possibly my favourite.

But you did not check here to read about my thoughts of Easter. As you can see a few more 28mm Apache warriors from Foundry. Only one with a bow but he also has a revolver in a holster so it's not like he's shunning white skin weapons. The other three are all rifle armed, 2 Winchesters and one breech loader. Painted in the same way as the other 4 from two days ago. To be honest I started all of them at the same time but only finished 4 at a time. I have stuck to the same palette as last time so they all should look compatible. I have one more 28mm Apache to do, so expect another one soon. (different manufacturer though). I might pick up a few more at Salute in a few weeks but if not that will be the extent of them for now. There is not too much on my Salute shopping list at present so anything is possible. This is because I want to get a few existing projects moved forward rather than starting something new. Therefore expect the time between now and Salute to be me working on existing things and rounding armies out. This is for 2 reasons, 1) because I really do need to get things finished that are half started. and 2) because I want to start the War of Spanish Succession but to be honest I am a little daunted to start. This reluctance is well set in my mind but I will overcome it in time. However for the next few weeks a little tidying up and finishing off is in order.

It's a bit rambling today, which shows how much my thoughts are all over the place. I shall post of the blog on Tuesday and with luck will have my act together. Thanks for reading todays waffle, hope you have a wonderful holiday and that the weather improves for you where ever you are.

Until Tuesday, take care and try to get something painted! Best Wishes Clint

18 comments:

  1. A very Happy Easter to you too Sir; really loving these Apaches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter to you as well. The last one is a "Black Scorpion" Apache... only undercoated at present.

      Delete
  2. Happy Easter to you to matey. (I don't think Apaches' do Easter though!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I'm not sure they do either, but I would imagine they would do some sort of spring celebration. And Happy Easter to you as well.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Happy Easter John I hope you got my email in reply to the Hail Ceaser game next weekend.

      Delete
  4. Nice job and Happy Easter Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mate Happy Easter to you as well.

      Delete
  5. They fit in really well with the others Clint.
    Personally I think you need more projects, not less .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PMSL More Projects..... NO!!!!
      Happy Easter Jo.

      Delete
  6. very effective Clint, good job on the Injuns so far...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Extra. And Happy Easter to you.

      Delete
  7. Your paint jobs on these and the previous batch is very effective, Clint. Happy Easter, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter to you as well Bryan. And thank you

      Delete
  8. Happy Easter my friend, Salute for me is to finish off some projects, excellent painting again on the Apaches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mate, I hope you had a happy Easter as well. With not too much choccy!

      Delete
  9. One of my daughters friends is of the Ojibwe tribe and I know they celebrate planting times and breeding (of animals) times in Spring.

    Good luck with limiting your spending at Salute. We're all only one purchase away from dropping the project we're working on and starting another one.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As for starting new projects you are of course 100% correct.

      I thought most tribes would celebrate the beginning of each season in some manner. So happy Easter to them as well. After all Easter is named and dedicated to "Yeaoster" the Anglo Saxon Goddess of fertility whose symbol is the hare. Just in case you were wondering where the name and Easter "Bunny" came from. And nothing originally to do with Christ, that was the Romans who merged the two.

      Hope you had a great time with family over the holiday, and not too much eating of chocolate!

      All the best Clint

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.