Sunday 7 July 2013

Swapsies

Well Sunday morning and while not painting I have been active. To the right you will see my new (second hand) NSL fleet for Full thrust. Most of the fleet is un labelled so I'll have to do a little research and find out exactly what I have got. One thing is for sure It's much bigger than my FSE fleet. (Maybe I should look at buying some more bits and pieces for the FSE). As you can see the majority of it is stuck (superglued) together and there is a lack of flying bases. These are not things I will worry about too much this week, I am just happy to have gotten it. Also included are 2 boxes of 20mm T34 85's from  Armourfast these may become the start of my Arab Israeli Wars force. I am holding off on starting the Arab Israeli game until Kurt's Painting Challenge starts again ( http://analogue-hobbies.blogspot.co.uk/ ).

All the above was swapped with another blogger (Alan Abbey http://leofwinewargamerson.blogspot.co.uk/) . I am sure we both think we got the better of the deal, or at least I hope he does, as I am very happy.

That's it for today. Thanks for tuning in and hope to see you again on Tuesday for the next blog post.

Until then take care and stay safe. Best wishes Clint

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I did wonder if there could be a Bloggers Swap meet at the Bloggers meeting come November. I am sure we all have things that we no longer use and things we want. Just a thought but it might take far too much organising..... but it strikes me as better than a bring and buy among fellow bloggers!

      Delete
  2. Nice swapsies haul Clint :)

    Which reminds me - must make time at some point to assemble and paint my NSL and Japanese fleets (and repaint my FSE fleet). Oh, and the NAC fleet I won from Seb....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you are going to busy. It also sound like Mr Tuffney is going to get another order or splurge spend come to SELWG! (Probably from us both).

      Delete
  3. Thanks for that Clint, that reminds me again that I want a Full Thrust fleet....bugger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always happy to help Northerners spend money at Southern companies! JK

      Delete
  4. Nice haul mate. They'll look great when painted up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased. I have yet to decide on colours though. Mostly people paint NSL Grey. I wanted something different. I do have one idea which will either look great or naff. And I can't decide which so I may have to paint a few and see.

      Delete
  5. Nice trade Clint. I need someone in my life that I can swap things with. It allows you to get that "new lead" fix and not spend loads of new money!

    See you Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe there could be some kind of "lead Library" or Bloggers swap shop. He say completely of the top of his head with no thought behind it what so ever.

      Although the obvious drawback is most of us don't want to get rid of any lead.

      But you could always do it on your blog..... by doing a post like ..... I have these spare what will someone trade me for them. And see if you get any offers. You never know I may give it a try!

      Delete
  6. You certainly seem to have done rather well, looking forward to seeing a mass of tanks come the winter, I must start giving the challenge so thought too - I wonder what the 'entry fee' will be this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As for the entry, all I know Is that I will not have the required when the challenge is announced, but will soon have to get it.

      As for the "Mass of Tanks" There really will not be that many. I would guess 10 at most. (at least in 20mm). I suspect there may be more "Fuzzy Wuzzies" than tanks.... as I was given a box of Perry's Plastic Ansar a few years back that are slowly working there way to the top of the pile.

      Delete
  7. A really good haul Clint, Fullthrust and Arab Israeli war, both subjects I am interested in.

    Bloggers swap, now that is a brilliant idea... I would be in that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Extra.

      Re: Bloggers swaps. As long as I don't have to organise it.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.