Friday 27 September 2013

The peasants are revolting!

 I am sure it is little surprise to anyone that here are a few more 10mm Samurai figures from Pendraken . This time peasants with bows. No back banners this time but a single Samurai figure in each unit. The Samurai figure is to designate a command stand should I need one as I don't see too many peasants of this period being all that inclined to get involved in any battles without a little encouragement. I might be wrong in this regard of course but as I was 2 figures short of my ideal this seems to solve the problem in the easiest way.

You may have already noticed that one group has blue/grey hats and the other group has brown/tan hats. Again this is just to simplify the identification as I do intend to have one army predominatly in grey/blue (as the Ashigaru of the last blog post) and one army in red/brown. These colours will not extend to the actual samurai figures as they will have clan Mons on the Sashimo back banners sufficient to identify them.

The last Picture shows both units together just because someone would be bound to ask. When I get a few more units done I will do a group shot of the whole army but at present there are not enough completed to warrant a picture of that nature.

My next scheduled update would be Sunday but as I shall be visiting "Posties Rejects" on that day I might have to wait until Tuesday to get back on the schedule. OR I might do a very brief TAR7AN board update early Sunday morning it all depends on what time I get up what the boar is drying out like and if the weather is any good. Mostly it depends on if I can be bothered.

So until next time take care and hope to see you soon. Cheers Clint


15 comments:

  1. ... and the nobles are even more disgusting! ;)

    this project is coming along well Clint :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make a change for me to move a project on this quickly. Still loads more to do.

      Thank you Tamsin.

      Delete
  2. They look excellent Clint. Though I have doubts about the honour of these Samurai in the rear ranks of mere peasants.

    Nicely done and how you've painted them up makes sense for the tabletop and easy of troop recognition.

    The army is coming along nicely indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Samurai in the rear ranks can just as easily be in the front ranks by re shuffling the bases so I don't see that as an issue. As for their honour if that is what they have been commanded to do that is where the honour would come.

      Thank you Simon more on the way!

      Delete
  3. Very nice looking units, great paintjob!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are coming along at a fast clip Clint.

    I had a post planned for Sunday, but I don't know that I will do it as everyone seems to be spending the weekend gaming.

    Now don't spoil those boys by making fudge for them this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Fudge till SELWG! (Actually maybe no Fudge till much later than that!)
      Publish and be dammned! Don't worry so much about everyone else. Do what suits you. And anyway you know with blogger just because you publish at a set time it might not appear on another's blog roll for several hours later.

      Delete
  5. They are looking good chap, loving the Samurai leaders in the units and now you got me thinking must play Shogun 2 Total war

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am thinking I should play Shogun2 Total war. Played the first one of course and loved it. There will be more of these little chaps to come next week. I have quite a few to paint.

      Thank you Peter

      Delete
  6. Yep the peasant are always revolting, but you've done a good job on these guys and the hat colours to distinguish units is quite inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo. The different hat colours came about from background reading, not my idea at all. It seems that some lords supplied armour and some not so much. Thus while ashigaru will have full uniforms peasants will just get hats! (Probably more than they deserve!)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.