Saturday 14 December 2013

Painting for a friend (5) and Curt's Challenge.

Well this post should get me back on schedule. It is my own schedule so no one other than me really need worry about it, but none the less it is easier for me to try to keep it as regular as possible.

Today I am showing the final part of the painting I have done for a Friend. Having shown a 28mm Gatling gun yesterday It is only fair that I show a Nordenfelt Machine gun. Again this is by Perry miniatures. I have done a Copplestone one in the past for the same chap. It is interesting to note that they did have different carriages. I like the variety this gives, but that just may be me.

As you can see we also have a rear view of the same model. The blue uniforms have come out a little bright due to the flash, they actually look a bit darker in daylight. This model was harder to put together than the Gatling gun I showed yesterday but at least I did not have to balance a figure on the "seat". Again it was well cast and required almost no cleaning up prior to assembly so I cannot and will not make any complaints about it.

And As I suspected you would all want a group shot of all the finished figures he we are as well.  They may be a little cluttered in the picture, but I do so hope it gives an idea of what they should all look like. Officers ratings and Gunners all together. As mentioned yesterday this is about 1/2 the troops I have done for him on this project now and I think should they ever reach the table top they will look spanking in BLUE!

The Picture below is just for Fran. To demonstrate that big boobies are not the be all and end all of female beauty. Each to there own of course and if he likes women who will develop back ache in later life or who can keep there knees warm when they take of their bras that is his choice.


Now to talk about the challenge. The painting challenge that is. As several people including myself have joined the so called 600 club. I thought I would like to offer them a challenge and suggest that we all paint and donate a 28mm figure to the first person in the group to reach that target. As we are all bloggers you know whom so ever wins will put the figures on their blog as well so double exposure. (That has nothing to do with boobies BTW). Which in turn means that we will all do our best to paint the figure to a high standard.

They have yet to agree to this of course, but I think it could add a little extra flavour to the competition. If you are one of the 600 Club kindly let me know your thoughts.

That's it for today. Probably an AAR on Monday and maybe the start of the challenge as well.

GOOD LUCK to all those taking part and especially the 600 club.



21 comments:

  1. I just watched "Lion of the Desert" then later "Sand Pebbles" because of this project, I told my wife they are better holiday fare than another Christmas movie with dogs.
    Really nice work, Good job on the piping!
    Good luck, Clint!
    The dayglo green swimsuits are filled nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the group shot of all the finished figures, Clint. Yes, you do know what we want. All this and boobies too! You're spoiling us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not too big and perfectly shaped. Excellent Clint! Oh and the minis are good as well.
    Good luck on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Seb. I agree with your comment entirely!

      Delete
  4. Cracking looking miniatures as always Clint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, even more "artillery"! I prefer this one to the gatling gun, it's way more wicked looking! :D

    Cheers for the group shot, that seems like a reasonable sized force!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep 3 machineguns in all. A little to many if you ask me. But not my choice. As for the group shot double the size of the Infantry and you get the idea of the whole force.

      Thank you Mathyoo.

      Delete
  6. Nice to see the Nordenfeldt and the group shot too, even if there are a few ratings on shore leave, altogether that's quite a sizeable force to field and makes for a rarely seen land force.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given the amount of ordinance I would expect it to be larger. But that's just my opinion. I don't think my 40 Ansar would stand any chance against them though.

      Thank you Jo.

      Delete
  7. What a treat and its not even Christmas Day yet! Nice looking force and mmm all boobies are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, the miniatures are good too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. As others have said, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work, and lovely images, Clint:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sidney. I did need to get them done before the challenge started. Now onto all fresh unpainted stuff.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.