The top picture shows my forces as I have tried to explain they can be seen as interchange able by swapping the flags I shall list the troops from right to left, starting at the front and moving backwards.
- 3 Platoons of Guardia Civilia with a single 14.5mm Hotchkiss Machinegun.
- 6 platoons of troops in regular army uniforms. These may be regular army, Communist or Facist troops or indeed most other factions as mentioned uniforms were used by all.
- Regular army uniformed Machinegun company again all 14.5mm Hotchkiss machine guns. 10 guns in all and company command. These may be split inot the platoons or grouped together as the situation demands.
- 1 Platoon of Guardia Assaulto (pre war paramilitary police). You had to have served in the army before being accepted into this force before the war but I am not sure that was the case during the war. Again used by both sides.
- 2 Medium trucks to be used as tows for the 155mm (French) Field Guns. The guns have crews in regular army uniforms.
- a Single Bilbao Armoured Car of the type used by the Guardia Assalto.
- 7 platoons of Militia dressed infantry. Again these could be on either side as Flange Militia, Poum Militia, Anarchist Militia, Communist Militia etc. So very versatile troops again just needing a change of flags.
- 2 Heavy trucks.
- 5 Medium trucks 3 with Trailers. Again all trucks are interchangeable and my be used for transporting troops or supplies.
- 2 Platoons of militia armed 14.5mm Hotchkiss Machineguns. Just as the regular army machine guns they can be grouped together or allotted to each platoon.
- 5 stands of Cavalry both mounted and dismounted. These were mostly used as scouts.
- a small platoon of Dynamiteros. only 6 stands because we don't want to over do it.
- Trucks already mentioned.
- A single Armoured truck armed with a machine gun and enclosed.
- a Light truck with 3 medium mortars. These are in regular army uniforms.
- 4 Tankettes (Italian C33s). 2 man very light tanks armed with Breda Machine guns. A gift from the Italian Fascist Government
- 2 Unknown tanks I am not sure what they are but they look right and will probably not be used
- A light truck with ambulance markings.
- A staff car of a type usable for civilian as well as military intentions.
- 3 T26 of Russian Origin but used by both sides as sufficient numbers were captured. They are in a grey livery as they were at this time and interestingly Russian Tanks changed to a green livery by the end of the war. Needless to say many were re-painted to suit local conditions.
- 2 Italian 65mm Mountain guns with Civilian crews and also packed up on mule mounts for transportation purposes.
- 1 105mm Howitzer with limber. Civilian crew.
- 1 fuel tanker with trailer.
By many peoples standards this is not a huge army it is however large enough for a battle and I hope enough to keep 6 people entertained for a day. I am writing my own rules as I have not found any commercial rules for this conflict that I like. So please do not ask what rules I will be using. I am going to keep it simple though and not sweat the small stuff.
I hope that has satisfied you with a SCW fix now you can see what I have been working on.
So what's next. Well in the short term more 10mm colonial stuff.
Thanks for looking today. Have a good couple of days and I hope to see you all soon.
Best Wishes Clint