Thursday 28 August 2014

1 more French Cavalry Point.

Yeah the title pretty much covers it. So here we are another unit of French Cavalry for Donnybrook. It is only an extra point but it is a very important point. Why is it an important point? Simply because I can now build up the British forces. Yes I have two more points prepped and primed, an infantry and a cavalry point. This should help me keep some form of parity between the two forces. Clearly I will need more British Horse so at least this will allow me to get them started. As with the last batch these are 15mm Black Hat figures from their Malburian range.  And while they may not get used having the option to use them is very comforting. Yes it may only be 7 mounted figures, 6 troopers and an officer but I do find it interesting how much longer horsemen take to paint over infantry. The other thing about having 2 units of cavalry is that it will allow me to have a larger (9 troopers and a hero) unit using d6 and not using d8's for shooting and melee.

A bit waffley today but that's it for today. I will post turn 5 on Saturday so make sure I get your orders in if you are playing the Play by Blog game. Anyway that's it for today.  Take car4e and tune in again on Saturday to see how the game is progressing. You might also want a quick look at Alan's blog (http://leofwinewargamerson.blogspot.co.uk/) as he has also done a game, played on Facebook and not on a blog but taken direct inspiration from this blog.

 Anyway all the best and thanks for taking the time to pop by. All the best Clint

22 comments:

  1. Up till this point, I thought that you were targeting North America as a setting for your WSS figures. Was cavalry used much in the Canadian wars? I really don't know enough about this period.

    Anyway, it's a nice-looking bunch of horsemen. I particularly like the bases with the clumps of yellow flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I will be targeting Queen Anne's War. It is just that I have Cavalry spare and it's as well to use them as leave them rotting in the box. To be fair I don't know how much cavalry was used in the setting so I will use up what I have but I doubt I will need to buy any more. (Famous last words).
      Thank you C6.

      Delete
  2. Nice looking Unit Clint. Despite taking longer cavalyy always just look awesome on the battlefield. Looking forward to the British additions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the British are coming. Thank you Simon. I agree that they do add a certain something on the battle field.

      Delete
  3. Nice looking unit. I have to keep remembering that these are 15mm and not 28mm! Nice work mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Kyle. I will paint some 28mm figure soon.

      Delete
  4. I agree with M R Lee's comment. At first I thought that they were 28mm scale. Kudos to you, Clint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work as usual Clint, they really are fantastic for 15mm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mate I think you'll like what I am painting now!

      Delete
  6. Lovely cavalry! The red and yellow really make a statement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Dean. I will have to do some British for them next.

      Delete
  7. Very nice Clint....keep 'em coming!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray there will be some 28mm paint monkey figures for Matt on Tuesday. Then with luck some more of these in a week.

      Delete
  8. All good additions Clint, are you going to try to have enough figures for every combination of force the rules allow ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. The simple answer is NO! That would be utter madness and I am bound to get side tracked long before that happens. At present I am just using up unpainted figures I have spare.

      Delete
  9. More Calvary is always good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robert. Having 2 units of cavalry on each side will allow me a greater variety of possibilities. But I have enough primed and prepped for the next week at this point.

      Delete
  10. I love the cavalry and I cant wait to see the game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Petal. I plan to have a game in a weeks time..... assuming I get this Anglican league figures finished!

      Delete
  11. Lovely work, Clint. Always impressive to see a nicely turned out cab unit in the larger scales.
    Hey, I play for the Anglican League too! Fancy that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Anglican league are quite popular, At least they are around here!Thank you Michael.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.