Thursday 18 December 2014

An unexpected party!

Ok No Tolkien, Hobbit, Lord of the rings or even party. There was an unexpected Present though! Which is as good if not better, as I have always found parties to be a disappointment. While Presents are a joy to both give and receive. No It was not a secret Santa or anything like that. (well it might be but so secret that I don't know about it at all).

Yesterday I received a parcel. "Strange" I thought as it was not in an amazon box. "I have not sent for anything!" Ok I have sent for a few things from the North Pole if you are reading this James! So despite the postman saying it had been ticking I ripped into it. It did not explode!

It was from "Mantic" and was the last part of a "Kickstarter" I backed last year. I had already received some soldiers from them "Enforcers" and I must admit I was disappointed with the sculpts and the quality of the plastic and the flash that just would not come of easily even with a sharp knife. So truth to admit when that lot arrived I was totally gutted but I put it down to a bad experience and vowed never to do another crowd funding scheme.

Then yesterday fresh sculpts in decent plastics did turn up. No explanation just a new product. I must say it may well be on their web site but I was so disappointed last year I have not looked since. No I don't forgive or forget easily.

Still smile on my face now and I may get these painted up soon. Not sure anyone at the club will be playing the game now so it might be too little too late. But better late than never! I will get them done and then see what I think and if anyone is still playing!

That's it for today folks. Only 6 sleeps till the big day as I am sure those of you with kids will know by now. So take care have fun and paint up some figures. I know I will.

Analogue Painting challenge update:

I hope to finish 10 cavalry finished by Saturday and will then start some 28mm Reb infantry which I will try to get done for my posting day of Tuesday. It will be a push but I hope to get it all done. But the cavalry do have priority so until I finish them nothing else will get done.

Cheers Clint

22 comments:

  1. Always good to receive unexpected shinies in the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scuttlebutt on this KS was not good. If they ever do another one, I don't think they'll get backed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. I for one will not back another. Still all's well that ends well.

      Delete
  3. Glad yours arrived Clint. I too was a bit bemused by a similar parcel arriving - I think I'm still owed some space dwarves but like you, gave up on this KS ages ago. I think these sculpts look rather good imho so I hope you find time in your busy schedule to get some paint on them. Perhaps you can argue with Curt that they're Victorian themed - as it seems it was that long ago that the KS funded :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good point Simon. But I will not be entering bonus rounds unless painting something appropriate for them at the time.

      Delete
  4. Hope some of your guys are still into Kings War

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian, not kings of war. I have no idea why that was included, but I am happy to have any freebies!

      Delete
  5. I'm not a great fan of Mantic's "restic" material that they use for single models, but their sprued plastic stuff has always been very sharply-moulded. I'll be interested to see what you make of these models, should you decide to build and paint them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will get paint sooner or later and the material seems to be the normal hard plastic. So It will no doubt (fingers crossed) go together well. Thanks C6

      Delete
  6. Always great to receive an unexpected parcel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is. I was chuffed at the time. Thanks Michael

      Delete
  7. The nice to get a present and even nicer when its replaces something with better quality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never a truer word spoken. Cheers Petal.

      Delete
  8. Happiness is a parcel of toys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Millsy you are so right. It does not take much to make us happy. Well not really.

      Delete
  9. Well, a pressie is a pressie, so I'd wallow in the feeling of getting somesatisfaction from your earlier disappointment. Are these just replacement "enforcers" or other figures ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are still Enforcers so just better replacements
      Thanks Joe.

      Delete
  10. Its always nice to receive a unexpected present :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Expected or unexpected is always nice. But some how unexpected is just better!
      Cheers Hobby.

      Delete
  11. A Nice Surprise i'm sure they'll come in handy at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mate. I am sure they will as well.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.