Monday 2 March 2015

US Paras part 3 Guns

Firstly I am changing the page banner still trying to find one that works for what I want, please bear with me.

Ok so carrying on with my 15mm US Paratroopers for Peter Pigs PBI rules. Today I have 2 57mm Anti-tank guns and crews. These are not the best guns in the rules or in the game or even in real life. Having said that they are not bad at all and will keep tanks and other armoured fighting vehicles at a distance.

2 stands of infantry with them both as additional crew and to carry ammunition and also to swap the enemy infantry from over-running them quite so easily. While they will struggle against the "Big Cats" of the German army they should be able to knock out Panzer 4s and the like. And I have included them in my  force as they were glider bourn. Only 2 of them as they were spread throughout the regiment and would not me given in great numbers to a company command.





 Also today 4 M1a1 75mm Howitzers. Again with a very light weight chassis they were hardly ever towed but instead broken down and shipped in pieces in WW2. One of the versatilities of this gun is the ammunition. While you do tend to think of High explosive for these guns they could also fire smoke and even Mustard gas. Although I have not found any evidence of mustard gas being used in Normandy during WW2. But the more I tell my opponent about it the more terrifying these become!

I have 4 not because they were more common than the anti-tank but because Peter Pig sells them 2 to a pack so it was for economic reasons really. In reality I probably should have just bought 1 pack! Too Late now though.

All the guns are on FOW bases simply because I had some spare and they fitted on quite nicely. I still have some spare and you just never know what they may be used for next.

Next post should be my final (stop cheering) US Paratrooper PBI post as I have now completed the Engineering Platoon, Which sounds a lot more interesting than it was. So I will do a walk through of how I do the bases at the end of this week. Seriously do not expect to learn anything!

All the best have fun, paint figures and keep warm. Right I had better upholster that sofa that I have been putting off. All the best Clint.


22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Tasmsin. I must say once I found out they could fire mustard gas I did like the howitzers just that little bit more!

      Delete
  2. Some lovely looking units there Clint. Top work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy. Slowly working on something very different for the end of the week.

      Delete
  3. I'm intrigued to see what the new banner will look like. Your painting is up to your usual high standards. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I Bryan, so am I. the new banner is causeing problems but I am sure I will get there in the end. Or die/smash the computer trying!
      Cheers Mate.

      Delete
  4. Nice work Clint. I have some FoW models and need to get them worked on.. will take some hints from your work here :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall enjoy seeing your FOW figures as I am certain they will come out better then mine! Thanks Kyle.

      Delete
  5. About time your paras has a bit more firepower and these fit the bill nicely. Again I had to enlarge the photos to truly appreciate the detail, they blend in so well with your amazing bases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe. I have struggled these last few days now the paras have finished I just can't bring myself to paint at the moment. I really do need a kick up the back side!

      Delete
  6. Great painting Clint, really liking the way you're basing this army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter but back to normal on the next few things. No more reeds for a while. Reeds superglued to teeth is just no fun.

      Delete
  7. Lovely job again Clint!
    Great army themeing (only taking airborne guns), nice details and bases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob. At different times they did get support from different assests of course but this just makes sense to me but I might have to get some tanks involved somewhere along the line.

      Delete
  8. I see flag patches Sir you are crazy which of course is why you are so beloved! These as I think I said before are the best bases I've seen yet. Changing banners in blogger is a ridiculous chore fraught with issues but I do hope paint monkey will feature into it somehow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course Flag patches. Like I would forget them! Thanks Rob. either the banner is too big or too small. But don't expect a monkey on it.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. It is interesting that in the rules (2nd edition) both the Anti tank guns and the howitzers Both have the EXACT same chance of knocking a tank out!

      Delete
  10. Very nice. I would say "keep it up", but I know that you'll carry on making excellent models anyway, whether or not I offer words of encouragement :-) .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very kind of you. There are 1 more batch of US Paras for tomorrow. And then something different. Hopefully back to 10mm Samurai for a very little then on to star ships for "Full thrust" Just cut, polished and drilled some bases this morning. I find the normal bases get knocked over far too easily!

      Thanks C6

      Delete
  11. Seriously nice chunk of artillery there. Love the basing as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do a basing walk through on Friday.
      Cheers Mate

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.