Sunday 26 April 2015

A Fist Full of Lead!

Or otherwise known as my swag from Salute show 2015. So what did I buy and what will it be used for?

Starting from top left and working to bottom right.

  • 1 28mm figure of "Teresa" given to me by Loki. (Andrew Saunders). Not sure what it's for or why but I did hear a rumour that it was from Curt and part of the Analogue painting challenge. But I will have top confirm this.
  • 2 20mm Britannia Vietnam castings.
  • 3 Salute Dice, which are to be given to friends.
  • Across the dead earth rules. Bumped into Richard there and I  thought to give them a try.
  • 1 bag of 20mm square bases, from Col Bill
  • 4 "Time Lift Security" not Captain Scarlet figures, by Crooked Dice.
  • 8 Black Scorpion Dwarf Pirates. These were an impulse buy but with a purpose. More of this when I paint them.
  • 1 tub of paint on rust effect. I saw this on Kyles blog last year and wanted some ever since, and it was cheaper on the day than getting it online.
  • The Salute Agincourt figure. While at present no use to me who knows what the future will bring.
  • Perspex freebie in the salute bag with range of arc angles. It may be free but I can see it being very useful.
  • A complete set of survivors and zombies from East Street games. These are to be split among zombie bloggers so we can promote his up coming set of rules. Mr Awdry has taken one already on the day and then when I get home and check I have not passed him the zombiefied version of the figure.
  • Heroics and Ros (really nice guy to talk to) 1/300th Cold War era soviet airborne troops. 1 pack might not be enough but I shall see for now as I strive to finish my 1/300s Air Desant force.
  • A GZG civilian mech power lifter. While intended for 15mm I will use it as a 28mm "Aliens Power Loader" The only problem being lots of bits and no instructions so that is going to be a lot of fun ..... a jigsaw with no picture kind of fun! Looking forward to it.
  • And along the bottom we have all the aircraft for this years
    Play by blog game. Again from Heroics and ross and again 1/300th scale so very small. 1 is missing as I have already given 1 to Kyle (of the rusty paint) as he has volunteered to paint one of them which he will be flying. The aircraft are all in service in the period November 1917.
  • And lastly a single Heroics and Ross "Longbow Apache" helicopter which is not for the play by blog game, as that may in some circles be considered as being unfair.
Well that is my fist full of lead and over the coming months you will see what I do with it all.

Thanks for looking today. I will post show pic on Tuesday. Until then have some fun while I unbend my legs from sitting in the Rejects Car in the back and watch the London Marathon on TV.

Cheers Guys.

42 comments:

  1. Awesome loot post. I really must get my butt down there next year to meet folks and see the hobby glory! Any queries about ATDE drop me a mail I'll be happy to help out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. You should already have an email from me. I like the idea of ATDE and some post apoc gaming. I just hope I like the rules and that only time will tell.

      Delete
  2. A great haul. Lots of lead...can't be a bad thing can it! Great seeing you yesterday and thanks again for the fudge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee, no worries on the fudge. Several things are itching to get started but I will have a slight delay until 1st May, then maybe a very small burst.

      Delete
  3. Nice haul Clint!

    It was good to see you again and thanks for the fudge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tams. The fudge gets smaller each year. I may have to make more next time. I am really loving the dwarf Pirates more so as I have a planned use for them.

      Delete
  4. Ooh, some items from your haul are certainly giving me ideas for future purchases :)

    The Heroic & Ros aeroplanes: I constructed one the other week and found that a pair of modellers tweezers were invaluable. I couldn't have located the small struts and wheels with my fingers (and I'm quite dexterous) without their use. I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy. Future purchases... NO! Don't do it step away from the credit card!

      I will bear your remarks about the planes in mind as I will no doubt seethe in frustration doing it!

      Delete
  5. Nice haul mate. Great to catch up as usual. Hope you enjoy the AtDE rules. Simon and I are really involved with these so give me a shout as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carl. I am looking forward to giving the rules a bash it might just be the kind of thing that some in the club will enjoy. I will have to digest and understand them first so I may well need to pick a few brains!

      Delete
  6. Glad you had a great day yesterday Clint, though I was disappointed not to get to shake you by the hand at the Bloggers meet. I started at one end of the line-up and unfortunately only got as far as Sir Awdry before it was the photo opportunity and time to pick up some more bargains. I also missed the "East Street Games" people but thought despite a 6-hour stay I was rushing throughout the day and doubtless passed by loads of stalls. Never seen Salute so busy before!! Hopefully they'll be another opportunity to say hello later this year :-)

    Great swag btw and I'm certainly looking forward to getting my hands on those zombie rules when they come out. Enjoy AtDE... nice ruleset and a very friendly FB page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not meeting you was one of the disappointments of my day. So we shall have to make it happen next year or at SELWG.

      Shame you missed out on the East street game as well, but there is just so much at Salute I always end up missing something. Looking at others game photos I know I missed a few games.

      Thanks Simon.

      Delete
  7. Fabulous to catch up again Clint and I shall 'bump' my freebie to the top of the list to help promote the company. Mrs. Awdry loved the fudge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. I am glad the saintly liked the fudge.

      If you go to either of the Broadside or Selwg shows I will forward the zombie version of the figure ! I did not realise until I got home that I had been given both living and dead sculpts. So expect another as soon as I can get it to you.

      Delete
    2. That sounds great Clint, sadly I don't think I'll make either of those shows, but I'm sure we'll catch up at some point, take care.

      Delete
  8. It looks like you had a great day, Clint. It's such a shame I live so far away from London as I'd have loved to attend. I'm looking forward to seeing all your goodies painted up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan, So am I, but not as much as I am looking forward to painting them. I imagine I would feel the same if far from the show.

      Cheers mate and thanks for the email.

      Delete
  9. Great pile of goodness there

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ian, Quite varied and eclectic tastes I hope. It could have been so much very bigger a haul, some 28mm ice age beasts and a 10mm Napoleonic army were on the mental list but a moment of tightness prevented me!

      Delete
  10. Great haul mate! Sounds like you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Millsy. I have all the aircraft for the pbb GAME now. I will do a post to let all know what they are.

      To be honest It is too big a show for me, I would like it a tad smaller so I could take it all in. But it was not a bad day at all.

      Delete
    2. Clint.. Indeed .. It is all too much for one day really..

      Delete
  11. A great haul - look forward to seeing what you do with it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myincubliss everything has a purpose and I could have bought more, but then struggled to paint it all.

      Delete
  12. What a wonderfully diverse haul of goodies! I'm very interested in that Rust effect paint and look forward to seeing it in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. I want to use the rust effect stuff fairly soon so expect to see it by the end of the week. But I am most wanting to paint the dwarf pirates just for the joy of painting them. But I have to clear the paint table first before I start another new project!

      Delete
  13. You did pretty well in the loot department Clint. The dwarves are an interesting choice and I'm curious of their purpose. More zombies to add to your growing horde as well. Glad to see that you will be doing another blog game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. You will love the dwarfs, they are just your kind of figures.

      Delete
  14. A decent haul Clint. good to finally meet up too.. And top marks on the fudge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir a true pleasure to meet you. And if the fudge was rubbish would I offer it? I think not.

      Delete
  15. Great haul Clint can't wait for the bi-planes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robert the biplanes and even triplanes are coming, but not for a couple more weeks. They should be easy to paint though just requiring assembly first which might be a pain!

      Delete
  16. A goodly set of varied stuff, indeed! Dwarf pirates, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Mate. Yes I am about to join a wargames club that plays Mordhiem the old GW game. And they are such darling figures

      Delete
  17. Very impressive haul! I'm still very jealous of all the shows your AO! ;)
    I have myself just finished with some purchases for up coming projects and included a wide spectrum of weathering powders. A new technique to try! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David I'll look forward to seeing or hearing the results.

      Delete
  18. Very nice haul Clint! Seems like you had a decent day out dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob, Yes it was a good day but for me not a brilliant day, I may miss it next year time will tell.

      Delete
  19. I envy you, Clint. I may plan a trip to the UK around Salute some year, though the Mrs. might mind that.
    If you need someone to take the Apache in the PBB game, I volunteer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. To be honest I am not sure I will go next year. It was good and all that but too big and I miss seeing so much. I prefer smaller more local shows.

      As for the Apache it is no longer in my position and has infact left the country.

      Delete
  20. Replies
    1. Thanks Ray good to see you and be with the other Rejects as well as the bloggers meet up but I am not sure I will go next year.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.