Monday 4 May 2015

Sunday is club day and now I have pulled out of the ACW Campaign, I wanted something a little lighter. It is funny I do not know any player who is happy with the campaign even Scott who has yet to loose a battle. So wanting something lighter I sat down with some guys and played a couple of board games.

The first game we played was "Roll for the Galaxy. As 2 of us had never played it before the others gave us a tutorial which was confusing as they all chipped in and tried to explain at once as opposed to one person explaining the rules and the result was 3 different voices all telling us new players at the same time slightly different things or more rather the same things in different orders! Needles to say I got muddled up and it is a good job the rules were actually fairly easy. We played the game 3 times and I came 4th out of five the first time, then last and then finally the rules twigged and in the last game I actually won. Ian said " I have never seen Clint roll as many dice and not a single 1!" The git there were no numbers on any of the dice! Yeah I was surprised as well and I don't think they were going easy on me! But for once the Dice Gods favoured me. (All praise the dice gods).

And while the three games were quite quick (about 1 hour each game) we had time left at the end for another game of something different. I did mention a couple of games that I knew I liked but  they had not brought them this time. But we quickly settled on "Camel Up". I had played it once before but had forgotten what it involved. For those of you who have not come across the game it is about betting on a camel race. Very simple, a lot of fun and just a bit of strategy and planning (but not enough to make me think too hard). I do have a slight advantage here, no I am not a camel jockey and no I could not fix any races. The advantage comes that the three other players (Dave from the earlier games had left) all try to stitch each other up. I on the other hand try to move camels. OK so the result was a very decisive win in the first game by me as I ended with 12 pound (£) tokens more than anyone else. I did not do so well in the second game and came in last as I think I was trying to join in on the sabotaging of other players. But the Third game was another win for me. And they all looked at me with deep suspicion.

So out of 6 board games played on Sunday I won 3 of them! Well that's my luck used up for another year!

Thanks for looking today I hope you had a good weekend, all the best from me.

10 comments:

  1. Carry On and follow that camel Clint :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy, I was just lucky yesterday.

      Delete
  2. Boardgames are a lot of fun as I have discovered these past few months. Many congrats on your three wins. That must have been a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must be honest. No it was not really. The better feeling came from just enjoying the games, which I did. Thanks Bryan

      Delete
  3. Not heard of this game Clint??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one? "Roll for the Galaxy" or "Camel Up" ? Not knowing if you would want to play with family or other Rejects. "Camel up" could easily be played with family 9+ yrs old I would suggest. "Roll for the Galaxy" I would suggest 12+ or most of the Rejects,

      Delete
  4. I've played a lot of "Race for the Galaxy" with my boys and I think it's fair to say that it is one of my favourite card games of all time. Not sure how "Roll for the Galaxy" compares, but I might get that as well some time.

    Maybe that's the secret for you - only play games where the dice don't have a '1'. Old WRG games that use average dice should work well, I think :-) .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C6, While the dice gods do not hate me, nor do they favour me. So maybe dice that do not have numbers might be a very good idea.

      Delete
  5. lol awesome and well done on the victories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mate. It sure makes a change.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.