Well it has been 6 months since I touched this project simply because having bought all the stuff and started and gotten started I just found very little joy in doing it. But you know me eventually I do return to old projects and get them moved on.
The figures are all Newline Design in 10mm. I selected 10mm for my Zulu army for two reasons. 1 you do need a lot of Zulus to make it
look good which for ease of storage and ease of Transportation means small figures. And 2 as my Mahdists and British are in 10mm it just made sense to keep them the same scale so I can use things in both cases.
So here we have 27 figures of Zulus in headdresses and Black and white cow hide shields. They come in packs of 30 figures but I dropped one figure while undercoating it out of doors so I just cut them back to the next unit size (27) until I found him and started the next lot. He is now found and ready to spray with primer and that will be started this afternoon. They will not be done in a hurry though as I do not get a sense of achievement from doing them but hope to by seeing a mass of them when finished.
There are only 3 poses in each pack and at 10mm tall little need to convert any or change them, Just a simple change of shield pattern and they are good to go. At the rate I am painting these I might get them finished in the next 5 years. But I suspect it will be quicker as the more you do the faster you get AND the more you want to paint them as the mass grows. At least that is what I keep telling myself.
That's it for today, Have fun enjoy the sun and I should post again on Monday and I hope an AAR.
All the best Clint