Thursday 31 December 2015

Fresco. Mig 17

I have been quite lax over the Christmas/new year period. So here is a post that has already appeared on the Analogue Painting Challenge. In Fact my first post of  Challenge and it got me on the score board quite early with a massive 2 points. Yes I could like most people have pushed for more, but as I sometimes struggle to get started I was happy to kick of very small.

The model is a 1/300th scale or 6mm (in common wargames parlance) Mig 17 "Fresco" painted in Egyptian Livery circa 1967. For those that need it spelt out it is the very very start of my Arab Israeli wars. I will be using the Flames of war "Fate of the Nation" supplement and rules for the project and being in 6mm it should be easy to transport, paint and store.

The Fresco was used by the United Arab Republic (Egypt) in a ground attack role as well as a fighter when needed.

The Model is by "Heroics and Ros" and the flight stand is by "Frontline Wargaming" . The base is slightly too large, but at least it stops the plane toppling over. And while large it only has to show that ground attack is happening so I am not concerned about it's size.

Thanks for looking today. I will not be going in for all the new year palaver so do not expect any look backs on the year gone by or the year to come.

Cheers Guys all the best Clint

20 comments:

  1. Nice work old boy, have a good year my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fran. It's just another day to me. But I do appreciate the thought.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Clint, and that's quite the dainty start to it you've posted. Great work on the plane's markings. That's a very steady hand you have to pick them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Simon. I hope the coming year is good to you.

    Steady hand!!!! Painting some facial detail on 3 Dwarfs today. Must have re-done each eye 3 or 4 times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way as you about the festive holidays, Like you, Christmas and New Year are just another day. For me, this attitude started four years ago when my father dies shortly before Christmas. That had and still has a profound effect on me. Anyway, for what it's worth, I wish you all the best for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. Sorry to hear about you Dad.
      Anyway I hope the new year works out for you.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Citizen. A simple 2 points on the challenge. But every journey starts with a simple step.

      Delete
  6. Good luck with this new project, the challenge and the New Year Clint.
    (Plane looks good btw)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. I have some tank companies finished as well and they will appear soon. Well soon ish!

      Delete
  7. The plane looks great Clint, a small step now a giant leap later on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gobbo,

      finished some nice fantasy figs today.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Ray I know it is not your cuppa tea. But your comment is appreciated.

      Delete
  9. I have also been fairly inactive over the holiday period. It's strange, isn't it? You'd think that with time off work, more could be achieved and yet it all gets sucked up into other activities (and none!).

    Nice MiG! I'm not so sure about the bright blue supporting pole, though I don't really have any better ideas for flying base supports...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you C6. I have better ideas for flying bases for bigger models. All will be revealed late. Give me a few weeks.

      I have not been inactive, despite what it may feel like as I have been participating in the Analogue painting challenge. I will post some more entries here.

      Currently working on a batch of 24 VBCW figs.

      Delete
  10. Nice job Clint! I need to break out the brushes there has been a distinct lack of effort this past few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. If I do not paint every day tiny bits of uncertainty creep in and I begin to doubt I can paint at all. It goes of course as soon as I start.

      Delete
    2. Yes I know that feeling well. I also get grouchy about it if I don't get any hobby time in for a bit. Hope you are well? you seem quiet of late.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Simon I was planning to post tomorrow.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.