Monday 29 February 2016

Cavalier show 2016

Deal wargames
One of the joys of the Cavalier show is its the first show for me each year.  As such it is a place to meet other clubs and players and get back in the vibe after a winter hibernation.

Firstly let me say there were 2 games I got no photos of. Simply because they just did not appeal to me. One was a Trojan wars game using "Hordes of the things" rules and the other was peter Pigs Hammering Iron. The first because I do not like the over reliance of heroes in games and the second before fear of getting roped into a game.


Prison Break- Los Banos the Philippines 1945
Big apologise to anyone I get wrong. TWWS did not have a map and key of what was going on when I did ask in the afternoon.

Overall a good show and worth going to if it id not too far. Several Traders were missing and that does seem to be the way these days. Perhaps with fuel, hotel rooms and the like it is just not worth many traders attending small local shows. Which is understandable but still disappointing.

You will note there are no pictures of other bloggers or the bring and buy so if you are looking for such a thing best of luck elsewhere!

On a personal note I found the bring and buy disappointing, But I am sure for some others it was fantastic. Oh well better luck next time.


Lots of Jungle scenery.


1879 Zulus... yeah that's right Roakes Drift
Station, Participation Game.

Friday Night Fire fight club.

North London Wargames Group

Not sure of the game name but modern Afghanistan skirmish

Gravesend Gamers guild
Warmachine.

Still Warmachine and I still am not a fan!

Maidstone Wargames club.

Road to Homs. A fictional Battle in 1982 of Israel against Syria using 3 mm figures

Home made rules that did seem to work well



I don't know the details but did like the town.


Tonbridge Wargames club
10mm ACW.


SEEMs wargames club

Not sure but I think it was a big battle Saga game. At least it seemed to be!

Cute Nuns.
the "Anti Alchemists" were running a participation game about Rommel's First action in WW!
Society of Ancients
A Roman vs Carhaginians bash up
 


The Germans attacking. Trying to kill the nuns
who in an earlier game had managed to fight off the German Uhlans!
Three cheers for the nuns!



Crawley wargames group
A Participation game

Called "Stretcher bearer" as one of the club had a grand father who did that in WW!

Hailsham Wargames
battle of Malplaqut
Spelt wrong as I cannot rad my own writing.

The game did look good, but not a period I know at all.

Southend wargames club.

6 comments:

  1. Mother Superior to the Sisters: "How many casualties did you suffer at the hands of those dastardly Germans?"

    Sister Rose replies: "Nun."

    I'll get my coat... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy. Do not give up your day job!

      Delete
  2. Some good looking games there, Nuns versus Uhlans certainly caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. Just do not mess with the Belgium Nuns.

      Delete
  3. Some very interesting games over a great many different genres and periods. There are a couple thugh that outshine the others and the Uhlans v the nuns must have been a hoot too - it's animage that will stay with me for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. The Nuns were funny so that is why they were included, I am sure all the games did have their funny elements as well.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.