Monday 26 September 2016

He who pays the piper.

I always offer Matt the chance to change any figures I paint for him. Normally It goes on behind the scenes and is not on my blog. But this time a small update. Matt wanted them toned down a bit. No Problem to me. He particularly wanted the tanks on the back of the flame thrower and the purple/pink blanket roll changed.

When painting for someone else I will usually offer a repaint of either all or part of the figure if they want something changed. It seems to me the right thing to do and Matt had never really wanted much changed ever before so I was happy to make these small changes.

He suggested Black, Grey, Red, Brown or a similar colour.
Well Job Done within 10 minutes of getting of the phone with him.
I hope everyone likes the results.

Black tanks of the Flame thrower and a brown blanket.

10 comments:

  1. That is a massive improvement, Clint. Thumbs up from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan. I must admit I preferred it before. BUT he who pays the piper picks the tune.

      Delete
  2. I have to say that I was a little surprised by Matt's decision as they were so wonderful unique before, not that they don't look good now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. At the end of the day as long as he is happy with them I am happy with them as well. So as far as I am concerned no biggie!

      Delete
  3. Preferred your interpretation before but as you say it's Matt's choice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy. Well when I do a proper blog post tomorrow It will be my choice as the figures are for me.

      Delete
  4. Great work, and real nice to offer the extra service

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian They were quick touch ups so only 10 mins in total (including set up time) so no biggie.

      Delete
  5. Can't say that I'm surprised about the tank colour, as I wasn't a fan of the blue, but the blanket colour gave the figure a bit of character imo. still, as you say though it wasn't a big deal and you normally get so few 'complaints'over your colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe it did not take long and all done now so no biggie.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.