Wednesday 8 March 2017

Dictator!

Today I am finishing my AK47 army.  I did stop playing AK47 when peter pig re-released the rules back in 2009. There fore I doubt I have ever put anything for this on my blog! (NO JOE NOT A NERW PROJECT! but finishing and old one!). In the "New rules" you are allowed a leader and a bodyguard on the table free of any points charge. In the old rules I was always of the opinion that my "General" would be far to busy elsewhere to make an appearance at the actual fighting. That being the case I never used one. But Under the new rules and as they are free points wise I thought I should get one.

So we have 3 stands for the AK47 Reloaded rules. In my head these are subordinates and not the real general but patsy stand ins used to make the Dictator look good. And I can cope with that!

 So 3 extra stands painted. One stand to represent the dictator himself with a single body guard. I have used the name General "Ukoomba" just as a made up name and not wishing to insult any nations language I just used a name that sounded right in my head. If this is a real word and is seen as offensive to anyone. Let me know what language and I will try to change it.

As you also get a stand of Bodyguards free (points wise) I have 3 body guards on a stand. I gave them white berets to make them stand out as I was not happy with any other colours. Green tended to blend in, red and blue already have far to many uses and yellow is hard to paint so White was my choice.

The last stand is a dead dictator. Just because one came in the pack but I cannot see it ever being used after all my armies never loose and my generals never get shot. No sir to even think so would be treason.

PLAY BY BLOG!

Just to make it officially clear I have stopped playing this. For me it was not working. I appreciate the time and effort you guys put in. But I was finding it more a chore than a joy so I have ceased. I do intend to run a game of some kind in the future, but one that is easier to control.

So just want to say thanks to those who were playing.

16 comments:

  1. I figured the Play By Blog campaign had died. A shame, but I understand your reasoning. If it was becoming too much of a chore then you were right to step away from it. No hard feelings from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan. I know most (if not all) will be ok with my decision. But I felt the need to say something.

      Delete
  2. Fine additions to your new project :P

    They look good and obviously will lead your forces to glory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. General Ukooba is itching to lead the country to victory perhaps in Franonia, but perhaps a little closer to home.

      Delete
  3. I'm sure I've got those same figures somewhere. Got an AK47 Army somewhere, too. Ah, the life of a typical wargamer :)

    As always, I love your basing, Clint. And no problems with the PBB, as I know myself how much work running such entails. I've still kept all my sheets and will hang onto them so I can look back in the future and remember it fondly. Long live the Dodos that never were!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy. Indeed long live the Dodos! There were some very good ideas floating around. And one Country was even in an open Revolt (In the last turn not published... but the player concerned knows!>

      Delete
  4. Great additions to the collection Clint, nicely done Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. While not a fan of the rules changes, at least NOW with a few extra stands I can play if I choose!

      Delete
  5. Shame about the PBB but I totally understand, a huge undertaking and I'm sure more awkward than fun to administrate.

    The troops look great mate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. The PBB was a huge hassle If I had set it up differently from the start I think I could have coped a lot better. Still live and learn.

      Thanks for the comment about the troops.

      Delete
  6. AK47 always looked like a fun game, but I never got 'into' it unfortunately; every force needs some sort of Leader amd I'm surprised you never had one, but can see the reasoning. Great figures btw.
    Shame about the pbb, but it's a big undertaking; I've never managed to finish any wargame campaign I've started either - with face-to-face players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you Joe. The PBB was just to big, with too much scope and too many players. I can only blame myself for over reaching. there will be another play by blog game in the future though so who knows!

      As for the Dictator. AK 47 "used to be" a very good game. I have little experience with the new rules though so again time will tell. In the old rules I did not need a leader on the table top so I never painted one! Simple as that.

      Delete
  7. Did you ever play the classic boardgame "Junta"? I think your general would fit in there very well (especially if he had a fur & diamond-encrusted mistress at his side :-) ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you C6. No I have never played that game. I keep the Mercedes fur lines with diamond highlights. The mistresses are far too many to squander the precious thing apon! (JK)

      Delete
  8. I did wonder about the size of the PBB when you kicked it off but was always keen to play and see where it went. Don't blame you in the slightest for parking it! Looking forward to what you come up with next...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Millsy.
      Whatever I come up with next will be a lot smaller and far more manageable. I just cannot even try to have so many people involved. In fact I am working on something but for just 2-3 people!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.