Wednesday 23 August 2017

Another Zombie!

Yes the post title is much more about me than anything else. I just cannot, for some reason, get going this week.  Only 1 Zombie finished.

The figure is by Mantic and part of the Walking Dead starter box set. I have tried to make it look like her tights are ripped and laddered. Also  that she did at one time work in a diner. If this is your take o how the figure is painted brilliant. If not I am sure you have in your head a back story for her.

As with the majority of these zombies they come with wounds already and most often a deformed limb as well. On this one her left arm is broken and hangs at a strange angle. They all have something though so expect to see more on the next one.

I am still very much enjoying the walking dead game but am finding the starter set very limiting. Which clearly it is designed to be as they want you to send more and even more on it as time goes by. For me though after 2 playing sessions (or 7 games) the "Shine" is wearing thin.  This does not mean playing will cease or the painting will stop, just that it is not as new and exciting as it was when I first got it.

I have no painting fr Matt at present ad have nearly finished the stuff (I do not show) for Peter. So no plans for the next post just yet. It will need to be a surprise. Maybe the last 2 German Aeronef ships, maybe the start of the Dutch fleet. If I am very lucky I will find the cattle I know I bought but seem to have hidden as they will be the start of a newly revised project taking over from Saga. We still all (well most) have the figures so perhaps it will re-start.

That though is it for today. Al the best Clint

14 comments:

  1. Very nicely rendered zombie Clint.
    Sorry to hear you've found yourself in 'zombie mode' this week - rest assured though that it happens to all of us.
    As for the "shine" going off TWD and Saga, it seems to be very common with new games, and it's the reason I tend to hold off temptation until the dust has settled on the latest releases. No worries though, because the mini's can always find a use in other games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Addict. I was never a big Saga fan. I struggled with changing what they could do each turn. (And how it changed). TWD is still a good game an I understand why mantic bought it out in a limited way (IN THE STARER SET). And a few other things have been going on in Real life as well... still complaining does not help so whine over!

      Delete
  2. Great looking Zombie Clint, she does indeed look like a diner waitress, or a housewife who was in the midst of cooking when turned into a zombie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. I do not see too many 1950's style house wives these days. I di however see exactly what you mean. Most importantly it will do!

      Delete
  3. A cool looking zombie and I get what you were aiming for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. I am not sure how many of my players will get it though. And no offense, but they are my real/close up audience. And I am sure some will say they get it when they do not. I can almost name them at my club!

      Delete
  4. Love the work on the tights, Clint, and the overall "diner" look. great painting imho :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. While I am not totally happy with her it will pass muster.

      Delete
  5. One more is still one more to the tally and this is a very good one at that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. Just undercoated 4 figures that I feel you will approve of.... But they will be a few days (if not more ) away yet.

      Delete
  6. The zombie looks great Clint, I get ya! And having seen your painting close up, do not worry at all as it is very, very good!

    As for the TWD stuff, I've only played demos but I loved the basic premise so have bought some of the add ons inc the Prelude to Westbury game which introduces solo play and campaigning which I'm sure will give the game longevity. However I'm still yet to break into all of them yet, so will reserve judgement until I actually play the game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. When you paint something you just never know,

      I am sure the other WD additions do make it a much better mane with a lot more variety. It is just a shame they released it in such a limited format. Clearly they were putting profit first and not playability. Which is their right. And it is my right to buy it when I can cheap on eBay

      Delete
  7. I think I got what you were aiming for before reading your post, so I'd say a job well done!
    I really do like the mantic zombies in all their various forms and the TWD ones are really good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. I agree the Mantic WALKERS are VERY GOOD. Well cast and good to paint. It is a shame it takes me so long to get around to painting them.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.