Saturday 14 April 2018

11th Hussars (28mm)

Yes more Foundry 28mm figs painted for Matt for his Crimean War project. These were not as bad to paint as I first thought. Yeah Okay they wee bad enough but that is because I am both out of practice and don't know the period so have to check every detail. Talking of details if you see anything wrong kindly let me know I have been as accurate as I am able but really no expert so bound to have made a mistake or two. Just better NOT to keep repeating mistakes is all.

Also I am not expecting a quick reply from anyone as it is Salute weekend and many will be at that or keen at least to see some show reports so this may slip under the radar!

 As mentioned they are 28mm Wargames Foundry figures and part of the Crimean War range.

At the very bottom of the post I have included a jacket of the uniform which was used at the period. So feel free to check it and see if I got it at least a little correct. (I know you will anyway). I find Gold very hard to paint, it usually requires 3 coats to even begin to look correct. And these for example have 4 coats including a very light black wash.  I hate Painting Gold Acrylics it never looks right.

That's it have fun enjoy the weekend and get some painting done IF you get the chance!
All the Best Clint



6 comments:

  1. They look great Clint, I can't see any thing wrong but I'm no expert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. I am also no experxt, far from it but I know there ae experts out there who will be able to point out what I should have done better.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. Too historical for me to really enjo but I am glad I have painted them.

      Delete
  3. Ahh, great rendition of the "Cherry-bums" (iirc) and as for the gold, try washing in a dark brown (burnt umbra type) rather than black - I found that the gold looks far more convincing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe I will. I remember them being called something similar as well.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.