Sunday 21 October 2018

Zombtober 18-03 (And SELWG loot)

I was awake at 3:30 am this morning In order to get this single Zed  done! I had a busy morning BEFORE I went to SELWG. But more of the show LATER!

So I fulfilled my quota and did manage to get a zombie  painted before I went. Here he is, based when I got back and Photographed in the  dark! I say this in a feeble excuse to distract shoddy painting and basing and very shoddy basing. Oh well can't be helped now and looks pretty good in real life if not due to my photography. Right self pity over now!

A Mantic "Walker" from the all out war set. Another "walker" for the horde. And he should fit right in. A mature gentleman and dressed only in jeans. he's missing shoes and a shirt but I guess in a zombie apocalypse being well dressed is no longer a priority.  28mm hard plastic part of the starter set.
 
 LATER:
As you know I went to SELWG. Firstly let me say I had a brilliant time.

And this is what I bought.
4 items missing as they shall be part of my Christmas gift  as no one KNOW what to get me and when I write a list NO ONE still knows what is on the listr as NO ONE in my family speaks wargame-ese.

So this  is what I can show you at this stage! Top to Bottom and Left to right)
  • 7TV2e box set (Starter casts are for Crimbo) nothing is opened just yet so It is possible (Although very unlikely) that it is just an empty box.
  • 8 Jet bikes from Brigade Games these are for my "scout" unit in 15mm sci fi.
  • 1 pot of Dark angels green paint! From Col Bill.
  • 2 Paint brushes £1.50 each and I hope they shall be just brilliant) a nessercary evil am told as part of the wargaming hobby.
  • 1 Pack of Peter Pig heads. Other parts of the order are to stop blushes and yet others are reserved for Christmas.
  • 1 pack of Victorian Policemen with pistols. Best  if you do not ask any questions about them for now!
  • 1 Pack of GZG FSE  Mortars again for 15mm sci fi. I meant to buy more but alas the ones I wanted are old stock and need to be mail ordered or picked up at a show.
I forgot to but some vehicle to carry the Mortars Mostly because I was flustered AND I did not want to make a snap decision. However as Tony from Brigade is Local and has an invite to the club I am sur if I want them I can get Brigade models quite easily! If I decide on GZG for the mortar teams I will need to send of to get the other figures so again that is no hardship!

Thanks for looking and more of the SELWG show in a day or two.
all the best Clint.

28 comments:

  1. Lots of nice stuff in your shopping cart and a great zombie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Scully. I stuck to my guns pretty well. Almost No impulse buys and nothing regretted!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Fran. Dare I say Ray paid you a compliment! I was flabbergasted! Not something I hear from Ray all that often.

      And Yes the haul is good, lots to make me happy in it!

      Delete
    2. Lies is it? We'll let Fran decide!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. I am sure the things I have stashed away for Crimbo are of more interest to you! And |I promise no Tricorns!

      Delete
  4. Nice loots and good to catch up with you (multiple times!) today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamsin. As always a pleasure to see you. I shall let you know when a Gruntz game is planned!

      Delete
  5. That's a good haul of loot, Clint. I do like 7TV2e a lot and I'm curious to find out what two starter sets you get with it. I do understand if you want to wait until Christmas before answering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. Despite my Strini's Vs Triffids fascinationIt is neither of those starter casts. Although I am sure all shall become clear before too long!

      Delete
  6. i have the same christmas problem with my family, nice loot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martin. Most of the year I feel very dethatched from my fellow humans but a wargames show make me feel at home among my own kind. So it is little wonder I speak a different language to my family!

      Delete
  7. Maybe do your best zombie to date, but another one done!
    Lots of lovely loot but nothing that surprises me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. No huge surprises at all with the spend. I nearly got some small aircraft, but as I found out 2 of my club had different sets of rules to the ones I was planning I stalled at the show and will have a re-think!

      Delete
  8. Nice, are the armed policemen the Artizan Designs ones? They’re lovely sculpts if so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myicubliss. No the armed police are in fact "Irornclad Miniatures" and Pistol armed. They may be surplus to requirements time will tell. But I figure I can use them for VBCW if not for my intended idea.

      Delete
  9. The zombie still counts, whatever you might say about it!

    Nice loot indeed. I look forward to hearing your reactions to 7TV (and I won't ask about the Victorian policemen, even though I'm dying to know...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you C6. Who is to say I might take 7tv back to t Victorian era. I shall say no more!

      Yes a zombie finished at stoopid o' clock sill counts and in real life he looks OK! But I have already started the next Zombtober figure so maybe I will not be rushed this time.

      Delete
  10. Nice loot post mate. Look forward to seeing what casts you picked up nearer the years end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. I am looking through 7TV atm and will see how I feel. I did not want any of the Post Apoc casts so I did settle for some more normal casts. No Cultist for example!

      Delete
  11. I like the Zed's sideways glance!

    Loot is going to take a while to get painted, but sounds like a lot of cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai. I have already started the painting, some , I am sure will be done within the week.

      Delete
  12. Nice zombie, but I highly approve of your purchases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kirron, Remember not all purchases are shown as some are or Crimbo!

      Delete
  13. Another excellent Zomtober addition Clint. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Citezen, Already started the next Zombtober entry. Planning to get is done ahead of time. (Yeah right)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.