Sunday 8 January 2012

Sunday comes along and you think you might get some time. Yeah I think you know where this is going...

Moon boards. The first board has dried out, so it's now ready to colour up and turn it from sand to moonscape. This is probably the most rewarding stage getting some colour on it and making it finally look like it should. So expect a pic of that in the next couple of days.

Here is a quick snap of the next two. Obviously they are progress shots. The closer board has an open area, maybe a moon base could go there, or maybe just all the craters have missed this spot. Andy (Ainsty Castings) did ask for an open area. I'll just have to assume he knows what he wants to do with it! All seems to be going well and with no major problems. It just takes ages to dry out. At this stage they have taken 2 coats of muck and really need to dry thoroughly so not much more work on these till very late in the week. I can and will move them from the work area so I can get on with a few other things.

Today I had a visit from a friend and received a "late" Christmas pressie. Not anywhere near as late as last year's pressie which took 8 months to reach me. He just kept forgetting about it (so did I) but we got their in the end. We both have the same outlook and tend to get each other great pressies, but ones we have no immediate use for. This time I got a box of Perry plastic Ansar. I have no 28mm colonial stuff, so it does not immediately go with anything I have, it does however fit nicely with his 28mm colonial British stuff. Anyway I have not opened the box yet so can't tell you anything about them. I'll have a look in the next few days and perhaps offer some thoughts on them.

The warmaster dwarfs are still sat their staring at me asking to be tickled with a paint brush. Time permitting I'll start them when I finish the three bikers mentioned below. Talking of which they are coming on quite nicely and I anticipate them being done by Wednesday at the latest. Not blowing my own trumpet but I don't think they look bad at all.

Cheers Clint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment.