Sunday 5 August 2012

15mm Sci Fi Truck.

This 15mm Science Fiction truck is by Ground Zero Games (http://shop.groundzerogames.net/ ) . I purchased it at SELWG last year, and it ha been staring  at me across the painting table ever since. I admit it, I was feeling guilty and that I was neglecting it. Following last weekends game of Stargrunt 2 I felt inspired to tackle it. It came with no instructions and in several pieces which made it quite tricky at times having to make educated guesses where things went. Most of the castings were good and went together well some mold lines and flash, but nothing that would stop me getting more. (In fact I have sent for a few bits and pieces). I must admit that I do have a Stargrunt force in 25mm but in the four years I have owned it only part of it ever got on the table once. This might be why I have decided to get rid of it and move to 15mm instead. It also might have a lot to do with the fact that John Tuffney has sold the vehicle molds on to another firm and only a limited variety is now available.
 
 Given that I have talked about making a 15mm Apache Indian game it made sense to me to paint this vehicle in desert camouflage. Originally I shied away from it as I have seen quite a lot of Sci Fi games on desert, temperate or ice worlds and I thought it might be nice to do something different. Having taken a "Common sense pill" I put that idea behind me and determined that I could use desert terrain for both games. I fought against it but finally conceded!

While only a single vehicle at this time I shall grow the force probably to a reinforced platoon size. At least one other club member has 15mm Stargrunt so an opponent is not unfeasible. having said that I would like to create 2 opposing forces so that I can instill a unified painting and basing feel to the troops. It is possible that I am over thinking it, but generally games do look better is everything looks like it belongs together which is hard to do if several players all want to buy and paint their own. To me at this stage it is worth the expense to get the game to look how I would like it. By that I mean no disrespect to other club members. The base is simply mount board that I have spare and the "rocks" are small pieces of cork crumbled into random sizes and shapes.

That's today's post, I have lots to do this week in order to see the zombie game I have planned come to fruition in 7 days time. Most of it revolves around contacting my neighbour (the builder) to get some free resources which I can then "rough-cut-and-bash-fit" into the setting I desire.

More Again Tuesday. Thanks for reading and take care Clint.



3 comments:

  1. Nicely done. Like how you have stippled the camo across looks very effective

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice looking vehicle Clint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. I must admit it was the mini that lead me to 15mm sci fi.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.