Thursday 9 August 2012

1st Squad (15mm Stargrunt)

Not a huge amount to show today. It has been one of those weeks were I just can't get too much done. Enough excuses. Here is my first squad of 15mm FSE Stargrunt infantry. 8 figures in all. 6 armed with a standard FA-75 Standard Gaus assault rifle. It has less fire power than many of the firearms but a better impact so is generally on a level with other small arms. There is also a Squad automatic weapon (FA 77) and a Mistral portable guided missile launcher. I realise that if you do not play a lot of stargrunt most of this will sound meaningless. This is the standard FSE squad in the rules and is the pack composition from GZG.
FSE troops come with a choice of head gear, these as you can see are helmeted, the other choice being Kepi. I have a squad of these as well and they should get finished today. No promises, but that is the plan. The transport hovercraft was included in the pic just for completeness, as it will be assigned to each squad.
Elsewhere in my games life I have collected some of the wooden off cuts from a neighbour, and hope to get to work on Sunday's proposed zombie game later today, but currently waiting a phone call from work, so can't leave the house to work up the shed.

Lastly I want to say a big thanks to all my followers and casual glances for breaking the 10 000 page view score. I was thrilled yesterday when it did so. I know for many people 10 000 is not a large number but for me I do feel it was a significant milestone. So once again THANK YOU.

Short and sweet for now more on Saturday. All the Best Clint



12 comments:

  1. Well done on the 10k score! You do such great terrain boards its no wonder.

    Nice work on these. I'd imagine they are a lot quicker to paint than 28's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so now I have done the first few... I always find the first figs of a set take longest.

      And most importantly thank you.

      Delete
  2. Nice one on the 10k and great looking figs too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. A blog is NOTHING without it's readers.

      I find it hard to paint 15mms so coming from you paise indeed.

      Delete
  3. And you don't have captcha up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. Much appreciated.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the 10,000, it's well deserved and lovely 15mm goodness Clint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. More 15mm sci fi to come yet!

      Delete
  5. Great looking squad. Well done on 10,000.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. Could not have done it without people like you.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the 10,000 mark!

    The figures look good too - will we ever see them in action ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Nothing planned for the figures just yet. I need to get two forces and the terrain. The way the club works is that we don't plan games too far in advance. I am potentially looking for a mini campaign by X mass though.... but don't hold your breath.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.