Monday 17 September 2012

Painting Table Cleared.

Well The decks are now cleared for action. I have finally managed to finish the command figures for the Victorian sailors from about 3 months ago. They have been sitting there looking at me and I finally managed to get them done.  Which means that I have the rest of the week to paint the figures I need for the 7TV quick play games (QPG). I have 9 figures to paint, only problem is I don't know what I want them to look like AHHHHHH! Anyway back to these two I am not in anyway an expert on the period so don't use this as a guide for painting Victorian naval officers in service dress. Still they look OK for me and that's the main thing, as long as I am happy. They seem to fit with the others I have painted, despite the difference in manufacturers but my interest has moved for the moment away from Victorian period. Heaven only knows what it will flit to next, maybe I should get some 15mm Apache done! But at least the painting table is clear now. Which is amazing it does not happen often.
That's it for today. All the best thanks for reading and more on Thursday. Hope to have the first alien figures finished for the moon scape by then. If not I had better be close. Al the best Clint.



8 comments:

  1. Nicely Done Clint, I really like the flag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. There are several companies for 15mm Apahce. I bought my first batch (about £20 worth) from QRF/LKM at Broadside. They should also be at SELWG. should you wish to look at them before parting with your hard earned. When I finish this 7TV stuff I'll paint some and blog them.

      Delete
    2. I'm thinking of 15mm wild west and ACW skirmish!

      Delete
  3. Nice work Clint, I like the sound of the Apaches????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went Apaches for colonial as I can do US Army. Mexican army or civilians as an opponent. And as a colonial period not covered that often. Also Tim at the club has just finished 15mm Sudan, so I wanted something different. Boxer Rebellion would have been my second choice.

      Delete
  4. The officers look very good.
    The Apache idea sounds good, but as you'll only need a few figures, why not go for a larger scale ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apaches are for big battles not for Skirmish. Fran AKA angry Lurker wants them for skirmish. I want them for big battles. SO a larger scale would be wrong for me at this time. I should have made that clearer.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment.