Tuesday 27 November 2012

Officers (WW1 East Africa)

I have really struggled to get anything finished these last 2 days. However I did finish the two 20mm IT miniatures ( http://www.frontlinewargaming.co.uk/) European Officers to go with the Asakari that I posted on Friday. There uniforms are darker but remain a similar colour to the native troops. I am told the ratio to Asakari to Germans was 11 to 1 so two Germans and 22 Asakai is perfect. Other nations had less European troops in relation to native troops I am not sure why this was but can imagine several reasons. The figures painted easily and are full of characters. Being the same sculpts and wearing the same uniforms there is only so much you can do to make them different from each other. As such all I have done is to give them different hair colours, different shade of the same brown hats and the one on the left a moustache. It was about all I could sensibly do to create variety. Given that they are 20mm figure I don't see a huge problem with them being so similar.


That's it for today, a really quick post. With luck I should have something more to show on Thursday. Remember we are now only 28 days from Christmas so if you are getting anything mail order for the day you'd best be thinking of it now. (Go on treat yourself, 'cos if you don't you just wont get what you really want!!) Have fun, take care and talk soon, Clint.

10 comments:

  1. Great figure and paintjob on it. Really good colors .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mate, Colours directly from the Osprey book on the subject.

      Delete
  2. Nice work on these look forward to seeing them lead there troops into battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. Battle is several months off at best, June at latest!

      Delete
  3. You've made a great job with these officers Clint! They look excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look good and I wouldn't worry about them being so similar, no-one will be bothered when they're in action on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn good work Clint, I can smell the sweat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly. Darn it what an excellent idea, I should have painted sweat patches on them. Terrific!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.