Thursday 29 November 2012

Serious Firepower

About 7 months ago I finished some Victorian naval British landing party figures. Yesterday I managed to up grade them with some serious firepower. I think this is by the Perrys, but not 100% sure, one carriage mounted Nordfelt machine gun with Royal Navy crew. This is the kind of Victorian firepower that is idea for maintaining the standards of the empire. I am sure they could have done with a few of these as Roarke's Drift or Isanwanda as well as several other places. As wargamers we all want something unusual and "fun" to play with on the battle field. Something to make us rub our hands together and chuckle. And that is what this is for. I have grand delusions about it being a game winner and sweeping all opponents before me. The reality will no doubt be TOTALLY different.
As a Perry Miniature it is of course 28mm figures, and not for the 20mm WW1East Africa show game. I have used the same background only for convenience and no other reason. It has a coat of gloss varnish which has caught the flash from the camera, but you should still get the idea of what it should look like.
 Just a couple more snaps to give you an all round view of the model, front and rear.
 
 
That's it for today. With luck I should be able to post on Saturday. All the best folks and speak soon. Cheers Clint.

10 comments:

  1. Nice work on these. Love the Naval Uniforms. Especially the white line on the top piece there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. The white line was my favourite peice to do on the models.

      Delete
  2. That's a great looking model Clint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate it was a lot of fun and only a few tears!

      Delete
  3. Rolls a one and jams...nice work Clint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely piece of kit. I'm really impressed with how well this looks. Top stuff sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. I'll stop blushing in a minute!

      Delete
  5. Nice work, what did you use for a base? That is a neat model, paint more Perrys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The base is a games workshop base. Secondly I do have a couple more Perry items to paint so when I get round to it there will be more.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.