|The Bloggers Meet!
Dave was kind enough to take a photo of Mathyoo and myself with "Misty" the zombie hunter. I did not know at the time that Mathyoo was being attacked at the time. "Misty" is a character from Crooked Dice Games 7ombie TV game just in case anyone did not know and was wondering why I was next to a schoolgirl. There is a miniature of her as well should anyone want one. If there was a variety of figures enough to make a whole hockey team I would buy them.
Crooked dice ran the only dedicated Zombie game at the show as well. Another was listed but had been replaced with a Planet of the Apes Game. A nice looking game but living dead it was not.
There was 1 other known ZBA member at the show Colin but he did not make the meeting, so maybe next year. Simon should make it next year as well but time will tell.
The most important thing I will talk about today is the lessons I have learnt from this Years Salute show.
- Many games did not have any signage to detail who they were or give the game a title.
- I took too many random Game photographs and should have concentrated on just a couple of games and tried to do them justice.
- I should get some form of bloggers ID, maybe a tee shirt with my name/blog name on it. If all bloggers done so we could at least recognise each other. I am not talking about funny handshakes either.
- 1000's of hours went into some games while others had a very game club feel to them. I know that making and painting is not everyone's forte and that you should play to your strengths but I did find the more club games a little disappointing at a show of Salutes properties..
- I should buy an ticket before the show in an attempt to cue bust if only a little.