Thursday 21 August 2014

1st Cavalry point for Donnybrook!

As I continue to work through my WSS figures I have finally managed to get a single point of cavalry done. 6 figures in total so I will still need to do a hero to go with them. Again these are 15mm figures by Black Hat and part of their Marlburian range. One of the things that held me up on painting these was quite simply that there are not too many pictures out there to get the right colour schemes from. But I did find one I liked in the end so all's well that ends well. I was not too sure about the yellow on the horse furniture but it has now grown on me and does help the figures stand out. In fact as a colour it pops out! Which I now quite like. (don't send me lots of links to pictures of cavalry I have enough now! But thank you if you thought to do so!)

Once I get a hero done for them, I will be 90% of the way to getting all I need done for a game. Which I hope to have on Sunday. I will not stop at the bare minimum though, as I have another Cavalry unit, and 2 Infantry units, already prepped and undercoated and sitting on the paint table and I will hope to get them done by Sunday as well. Even if I don't get them all done it will all help to build the forces up somewhat.

Looking at what Black Hat do and the prices I will expect me to send of a small order next week now that I have got a very small tax rebate. They do a Sedan chair in 15mm for example, and who could resist one of those on the battle field!

That's it for today. Thanks for looking folks and I will post the next turn of the Play by Blog game on Saturday. So if you are still to do your turns (and you know who you are) please get them back to me as soon as possible.

Cheers Clint

20 comments:

  1. These look really good and although you don't say, I'm guessing these are French.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are right these are French. Thank you Joe.

      Delete
  2. These are lovely Clint. I favour that yellow with the red. It does make the pieces pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. They are the colours of a French cavalry unit, so I had to try to get them right.

      Delete
  3. A fine job dude! 15mm way too small for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They may be small, but that means a smaller battlefield and easier storage. Thank you Bob.

      Delete
  4. Nice job, Clint! They look suitably dashing for French Cavalry! I've been tempted to get Donnybrook for ImagiNation or WSS bands. I'd really like to start a "Brotherhood of the Wolf" project. Yet SWMBO is resisting my pleading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David. I nearly got sidetracked yesterday.... but I am enjoying these figures so not sidetracked just yet.

      Delete
  5. Great work... 15mm minis are Always hard to paint... to small ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hobbyworker. with luck I shall get some more French infantry done today.

      Delete
  6. They do look nice those French are right flash gits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robert. Dashing show-offss they might be, but I will wait to see how they do in battle before I pass final judgement.

      Delete
  7. Thank you Ray .I think these will look good on the table top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely job Clint. I really like the yellow it certainly does make them stand out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. I do hope the yellow does not make them targets.

      Delete
  9. Great work - It has been said before, but they do look nice and bright :D

    And yellow always makes them a target. It's yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mathyoo. There were regiments in the War of Spanish Succession who dressed in yellow. Thank goodness I am not painting them.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.