Saturday 23 August 2014

Turn 4

Turn sequence.
 Quite interesting the turn sequence was alternate colours. But what happens happens.


Overview.

Working from back left anticlockwise

Mathyoo's Frigate.



Back of the Spanish line.



Front of the Spanish line.



British ships to the left.
HMS Cutlass speeds towards the action.
 

British ships to the right trying to organise.
Not far from it now.

Still out of range.
but getting closer

Right at the end of the Spanish line
The Frigates and weaker ships
do their own thing.

Sorry Millsy not in range just yet.
But the arc is pretty good.

Curt is back up to full sail
and Lee is getting ready
to join the line of British
ships on the right.
I did think there might be some shooting this turn, alas no! Which stretches it out a little bit longer. All I can say is maybe next week.

That's it for today if the players want any more pictures just get in touch. The same goes for questions.I suspect there will be a bit more action next weekend. Movement and turning if not shooting.

Players I will need your next orders by 7am GMT on Saturday 30th August.

All the best Clint

20 comments:

  1. British ships to the left of them, British ships to the right of them. I'll hopefully be volleying before the Autumn :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mathyoo I suspect you will not get fully involved just yet. But it will happen sooner or later.

      Delete
  2. Holding my breath for the first BOOM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping for a shot this turn. (Much like you no doubt!) But I was wrong. Ahh well maybe next time! Thank you Bob.I really do think I should have started them closer. Live and learn.

      Delete
  3. This really is a lovely game you are providing a treat here Clint. Looks like the English are getting their act together I have high hopes for action next turn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As mentioned above I had hopes for a start to the action this turn. Thank you Robert

      Delete
  4. Since I've never played a game before I can't tell which side is making the best choices or having the best luck. Is it wise for the Spanish to sail all in a line like that? Or will it give them an advantage in shooting at the British if they come at the fleet head on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At present they are all having about the same luck or making the best choices. Historically ships did sail in lines as nearly all guns pointed out to the side where they would fire a "Broadside". At this stage no one is either winning or losing and I can't really discuss tactics on an open channel. But thank you Anne.

      Delete
    2. Anne...the Spanish have made bad choices...they should have stayed in port... he he

      Delete
    3. Thanks Clint. I understand why you can't discuss strategy here. I'm just trying to picture how battles at sea worked in my mind.

      Delete
  5. This is a great game and I have totally got hooked on it and really should of joined it. But where is HMS Hotspur?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry No HMS Hotspur just yet. It is on active duty in the Caribbean at present. Maybe next year (Oh my God what am I saying) should (shaking of head) I ever decide to do something this daft ever again!
      It would have been good to have you involved. Thank you Petal.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful, we are getting tantalisingly close now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are getting close, but if the turn sequence comes out wrong there still may be no firing. Only time will tell.Thank you Michael.

      Delete
  7. The calm before the storm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope so. I want to see this game get started properly. Thank you Lee. Hope you had a good holiday.

      Delete
  8. I sense disarray in the British battle lines - obviously the sight of the approaching sails from the dread frigate Mercedes has sown fear and dissent into the ranks of the British fleet.

    I guess that was unexpected - but then again NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH FRIGATE INTERVENTION!....

    OK that was a bit much to work in a Monty Python line

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment.