Friday 21 November 2014

More 6mm Cold war stuff

Let's start with the Gepard (Cheetah in English) a German anti Aircraft tank. As you can see it has lots of radar as well as two rapid firing cannons.

I only ever bought 2 of these as I have never been too excited by them for some reason. Which seems strange to me as they are quirky enough for me to like the look of them.

In the cold war period 2 of them can be attached to a headquarters to act as anti-aircraft support. so they should function well after all no reason not to use the guns on soft skins as well.

Next up two M901 TOW launchers. Tow being an anti Tank Guided weapon. While I can't find them in my TO&E for mid 80's cold war German forces. They were/are used by several different armies so I suspect they could be on the battle field. The one in the picture I think is Japanese but I am not sure. The Germans tended to use Jaguars with Milan or Hott missiles. So I shall do some of those pretty soon.

Clearly the basic carrier is an M113 which has been adapted to an anti-tank role by carrying TOW missiles.

Finally for today here are 6 Mann trucks for Logistics support. In games where the vehicles are so small there is no need to just concentrate on the fighting vehicles. I feel that logistic support is something vital to the battle field if only as targets for the opposition. I would strongly state that they are more than just targets though for without them the battles could not be fought as all sorts of supplies would run short very quickly.

So here are 6 of the beauties all ready to transport things to and from the point of FEBA (Forward Edge of the Battle Area) . I have misplaced the canvas tilt on one but that all adds to the variety of the beasts.

All these figures are about 25 years old to me (possibly older) and originally came from Heroics and Ros a company I believe to be still going. I would encourage anyone wanting to do this scale and era to do an internet search and I am sure you'll find them with little difficulty. I Believe they were at the Salute show this year so I am sure they are still active.

That's it for today, thanks for looking. All the best Clint



16 comments:

  1. A nice mix of vehicles for your rapidly growing force. You've clearly got your painting mojo back with a vengeance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will need it back if I am going to take part In the Analogue Painting Challenge..... Gulp.

      Thanks mate.

      Delete
  2. Cracking additions Clint, I remember always thinking that the Gepard always looked cool, probably because it was like something out of Star Wars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. I am changing my mind and starting to like the Gepard now . It takes me a while.

      Delete
  3. More amazing work at a very small scale. Great work Clint, really like those trucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob. I will do some larger scale figures next week.

      Delete
  4. Love these series of postings, Clint. Really nice colourful stuff and I'm hopeful we'll be seeing a full mobilised army pic at some point soon :-) Don't burn out before the start of the Analogue Challenge will you!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax.
      The analogue challenge is more of a marathon than a sprint. Although most do try to get of the block quite quickly. There is plenty more to come on this cold war series of Re-paints. And when ready I will do a group shot. I have yet to do any main battle tanks or infantry fighting vehicles so really is a long way to go. (Ant then I have to make the terrain!)

      Delete
  5. All god additions Clint and I'm another fan of the Gepard; it doesn't take much of a leap to imagine it being a totally robotic automaton in a not-too-distant future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe. I think it has a "Terminator" feel to it. But to be fair I am only just getting to like it.

      Delete
  6. I agree with Vampi Clint. You do seem to be on a painting high lately. Great work on the tanks and trucks. Basing is wonderful as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. I am tuning up for the challenge. I do have a lot to paint for that.

      Delete
  7. Nice additions, Clint. I always liked AA vehicles and Gepards are no exception. Not the most useful game-wise, but there's something about them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cracking looking vehicles mate. I have tons of the old Heroics and Ros modern stuff sat in the loft after getting them years ago to use with the Modern Spearhead rules. Might just have to go rumaging and find them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WQE mostly used Challenger II rules. but it really has been decade. Thank you Carl. I feel this period I due a revival.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.