Sunday 29 March 2015

WW1 German Jaegers (28mm)

Yes Paint monkey has done it again. Here are some more Germans for Matt. Matt has said that hw wants to do some WW1 games in 28mm so I would imagine I will be painting some more bits for him soon, actually I think he'll give me some more to do next weekend as I think Scott at the club will also but Scott wants Malburians in 15mms done so that might be a nice change of pace.

Anyway before then here are some WW1 German Jaegers for Matt. First off 3 officer types. While 1 may not actually be an officer he is studying either some orders or a pamphlet or it could even be a map. But the other 2 are definitely officers.

I have also finished* two heavy machineguns. Each of 2 crew and each ready to bring a rain of fire down onto any British or French or even Russian should they need to. I am not looking forward to facing these! Not one little bit!

While the heavy Machineguns only have 2 crew they also have an extra one each either with binoculars or with pencil and paper. While I am not 100% sure what Matt will do with these he wanted them done and now done they are!

Lastly this week we have a few (OK 3) rank and file riflemen. These should make up the bulk of any units and not the officers and Heavy machineguns. Clearly they are all in early war uniforms before the trenches became so dominate on the Western front.  Sorry for the dullness of the pictures as it is raining here at the moment and that has left them a little darker that I would normally want. So When it dries up I will varnish them in the light.

* when I started taking the Photos I did notice that I had left the regimental number off of some of the hats so that will be added before I varnish them.

Thanks for looking today and I will most likely be repainting and rebasing my Vietnam 20mm figures this week. So expect the first of them by Close of light on Tuesday, if not earlier.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and I hope to see you all soon.
All the best Clint

35 comments:

  1. Yes, Paint Monkey has done it again. Good work on all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bryan. It has been nice to do some 28mm's again.

      Delete
  2. Nicely painted sir. What kind of numbers of minis are you aiming for with this force?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry I just do not know how many Matt has got. So I just can't give you an estimate. I would suspect 100-150 each side but that really is a guess. Thank you Citizen.

      Delete
    2. Crikey, those kind of numbers are scary. Kudos to you guys. :)

      Delete
    3. Sorry Citizen that was a guess and like most guesses is most likely wrong. I just don't know how many he has but I would suggest he has at LEAST 75 figures on each side.(Probably more)

      Delete
  3. They are great. I envy you Clint with how you can get these guys churned out in the numbers that yous 75 or 100-150 is still mind blowing to me :)

    The 20mm Vietnam figures your rebasing sound good. I'll look forward to seeing you post these guys up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon I have a few British and Turks for this period as well in 28mm, but not now as many as Matt. I have probably got about 40 of each!

      The Vietnam figures are all quite old and tatty so they just need a re-paint and re-base they should be quite quick, Definitely before Salute show and hopefully over Easter weekend.

      Delete
  4. Very smart set of figures I particularly like the command couple, with the binos etc. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irqan. I was a big fan of this scale and period before I started but now I am moving more into skirmish games in smaller scales! Which sounds like a contradiction but is not!

      Delete
  5. More lovely monkey business Clint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only call myself Paint Monkey when painting for someone else! Thank you Bob, yeah I think they look alright and the numbers are now on the hats!

      Delete
  6. these are stunning, Clint. Every time I come to your site something different is on show and I think to myself, I fancy painting and gaming that period. But by the time the basing is dry, you've posted something else up and I change my mind again :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. I could give you some hints about what I will be painting towards the end of the year just to give you a taster. WW1 Arab revolt/ north west frontier (I realise the Arabs and Afghanis will look the same at this scale so 2 armies for the price of one, and also 3 different periods for the cost of 1! (Napoleonic Afghans as well just because I have never seen a 1st Anglo-Afghan war game)>)

      But Vietnam war next week.

      If it makes any difference to you I do exactly the same as you when I visit other peoples blogs including yours. Over the painting challenge I nearly sent of for some Dr Who and Blakes 7 stuff. Only having to part with money stopped me.

      Delete
    2. LOL Clint. I'm delighted I'm having the same effect on you, as you are with me :-) They'll be plenty for sale at Salute too - if you're going and get tempted ;-)

      Delete
    3. That is what blogging does it tempts us into new things. And to Quote Oscar Wilde "I can resist anything other than temptation."

      Delete
  7. Well done paint monkey. You've earned a banana!
    Cheers, PD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. No Bananas please it affects the taste of beer and chocolate, and not in a good way.

      Delete
  8. Great looking Jaegers; particularly the HMG teams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean there will be more WW1 stuff coming soon, End of next week if not sooner.

      Delete
  9. Nice job, MG's vignettes are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. As mentioned above there is more WW1 28mm stuff coming soonish! I should pick some up next weekend so give me a week after that to slap some paint on it and we are away.

      Delete
  10. Cheers Ray. More modern stuff next I am afraid but at least there is some Malburian 15mm stuff on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely figs mate, I thought you might be taking a rest after the Challenge!

    Looking forward to seeing your 20mm Nam figs. Got a hankering to play with my own 15mm collection at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. No rest for the wicked!

      There maybe a couple of things happening behind the scenes in my wargaming life that are nudging me towards Vietnam at the moment.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thanks Extra. More to come I am sure but not just yet.

      Delete
  13. These are very good Clint, PM has once more surpassed himself, I particularly like the "officer" examining the "feelthy fronch photos".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe I had not thought that they were "Feelthy French Photos" but now that idea is in my head It just seems so right!

      Delete
  14. I'm beginning to sound like a broken record here, but I'll say it anyway: very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks C6. I will be putting some 20mm Vietnam on later today, just going to photograph them now.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.