Sunday 24 May 2015

Reginald Evans (28mm Zombie and survivor)

Reginald had anger management issues even before the zombie apocalypse. He hated his job as an IT teacher in a secondary school. He hated the other staff, his wife and most of all the kids. But that was OK he was hated back with equal measure. This all meant that most of the school kids learnt nothing from him. But then the zombie apocalypse came along and computers, Mr. Evans only real friends, all died.

So taking up the first implement that came to hand, Reggie, as his mother still called him, his wife just called him "the tosser", let loose his bile his anger and his frustrations Not only on the latest version of windows but every computer and zombie he could
find.

Here we see Reginald Evans and his alter ego after the zombie threat. Clearly in the out break period of the zombie apocalypse before he dresses and arms him self for survival. While a dustbin lid is not a recommended tool for urban zombie survival, if it's all you have I am sure you will be glad of it. Maybe it will double as a shield. While parrying is only semi useful in this setting anything that will keep the grasping hands away has got to be a good thing.


Both Figure and survivor are  from "East street Games" And are part of the civilians pack. Unfortunately at this time they are not sold separately so you will get all the survivors and their dead/undead counterparts all in one pack.

Available here  CLICK THIS LINK.  I am sure you will forgive the dodgy camera work and the very dodgy brush work. I have kept all the clothing the same colours on both models and as he is armed ONLY with a dustbin lid have taken this to be in the outbreak phase so the zombie still has a human like appearance. Yes the blood has stopped pumping but the dead figure has literaly just been turned into a zombie so the blood has not as yet pooled at it's feet around the ankles. I did find the figures fun to paint but the details on the castings were not obvious until paint was applied, which did lead to a few errors on my part and a couple of areas repainting. But overall I am happy with it.

I hope you have enjoyed what the other wargamers have done with their versions. All the best. Enjoy the Bank holiday Clint.

24 comments:

  1. Great models and cracking paintjob Clint. Wonderful colours. I'll be hoping that "East Street Games" eventually start releasing these in pairs or singles, as I unfortunately don't want all the models. Fingers crossed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have emailed Paul from East street games and will see him face to face in a few weeks. So I can ask him then.
      Thanks Simon

      Delete
    2. Clint did do a great job didn't he!

      At the moment I want to concentrate on promoting the game. No promises at this stage, but once the game is established and all the expansions are out I'll take another look at how the miniatures are sold.

      I'm really glad you like this model, the game really is good fun and you will enjoy it if you give it go :-)

      Cheers Paul Brook
      East Street Games

      Delete
    3. Cheers Paul and I agree the game is good fun.

      Delete
  2. They look great, Clint. It is nice to see some survivors who are not armed to the teeth as is usually the case. I agree with Blax, I hope ESG will sell their figures separately in the future. I want them all but I don't want to have to buy two sets of rulebooks just to get them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan.I was not aware that you had to buy the rules to get the figures. I thought the figures were available in 2 different packs (Army and Civilians) and then another pack of crawling zombies. I can imagine you and the crawlers with a big grin on your face., That's something I will have to check.

      Delete
    2. Hi,

      I'm really glad you like the look of this chap :-)

      Some other companies charge about £3.50(ish) for a single metal zombie/survivor miniature.

      In the starter boxes for the Alpha Squad (£45) you get 12 metal miniatures, which would cost around £42 if the miniatures were bought separately, AND you also get 28 plastic zombies!

      But for the Civilians(£45) the value is even better! you actually get 16 metal miniatures plus the 28 plastics. 16 metal miniatures at £3.50 per mini is £56! If you really don't want to play the game, (and trust me, you're missing out if you don't) then just throw the bits away that you don't want and you'll still have a bargain!

      I hope you give it a go, it's a great game I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

      Cheers Paul Brook
      East Street Games

      Delete
  3. Nice job Clint! I really like the fact you get a zombie counterpart with each survivor. I too hope they are released in pairs or singles, it would be easier on my budget. Cool backstory dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bob. I am sure that Paul from East Street will read all the comments and just maybe you will sway him into doing just that.

      For me personally In an ideal world I would like them all released as pairs (living and undead versions.) But I have no say in this at all. So I'll just wait and see what happens.

      Delete
  4. Nice work Clint and a great backstory :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin. I suspect we all know a Reggie Evans sometime some place, some how. I know I do.

      Delete
  5. He was not a very nice man and not one to be missed when turned I imanine. Nice looking figures and the game looks like a good one. Having them in pairs isn't such a bad idea as it allows you to play all your fig's as either Survivor or Zombie.

    Hey, I need help. I've just ordered some Perry WWII miniatures. Here's what I bought.
    https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_74_75&products_id=2920

    Can you please tell me what size the rectangular base is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne.
      The idea is that survivors can turn in the rules VERY quickly. Instantly in fact. so good to have one of each for any characters.

      As for the Perry miniatures. The simple answer is that I do not know. I am guessing it is the Vickers MG and crew. I cannot be exact as I do not have it. But I would suggest 2" by 4" (50mm x 100mm) judging by the size on the figures. Sorry I cannot help.

      Delete
    2. It might be 40 x 80 mm judging by the figure behind on a round base.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Tamsin you may well be right.

      Delete
    4. Thank you both! I'll get one of each just to be certain I'm covered.

      Delete
  6. I must say i love the back story it fits the sculpt to a T. The sculpting seems a bit rough but I like him and very well done on the painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robert. The backstory was just what I was thinking about when painting him. It all started by asking the question who would wear beige trousers and a blue jacket. It was great fun to do it that way.

      Delete
  7. Nicely painted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I *like* eccentric, spur-of-the-moment anti-zombie weapons :-) ! Mind you, it's just as well that you have a zombie version of the poor chap, as I don't think he'll survive the apocalypse for long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C6. I suspect you are right and that the chap does not have a bright and sunny future.

      Delete
  9. Wonderful job Clint and great to see the two together like that, cracking stuff Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, he did not look like an art teacher to me. IT seemed just right..... maybe geography!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.