Friday 22 July 2016

Burpa batch 2 finished.

yep with slightly cooler weather I am able to paint more so I have finished the second batch of Burpas for Matt.

Now I could stretch these over a couple of days, but as they are done I see no reason not to show them as soon as possible.

Starting of we have a mounted leader on a palomino pony. I think this may be one of the few times that I have painted a palomino and I like the way it has come out. Not perfect of course but acceptable. This leader has striped trousers, a red jacket and Green Turban. a white sash and an orange waistcoat/under-jacket. As a leader I wanted to keep the colours quite rich and exciting as he would have a better share of any money or if a bandit any loot!

The next 5 are somewhat duller in colour and would be more run of the mill foot soldiers. They are all Foundry figures in 28mm from a variety of ranges but all suitable for North West Frontier, or Saharan adventure games. Two wear sheepskin jackets to keep out the cold in the mountains (Far left and far right) or the desert at night.

Overall they have come out quite well in all regards. And I will be able to give them back to Matt on Sunday at the club. And then he can give me some more to paint. So expect more Burpas in the next few weeks.

This gives me a  day to paint something for myself or maybe to carry on with the steam tank... Not sure what I will attempt next for me, I do have some Dark age 15mm figures that are calling out and some WW2 in 15mm that are also shouting my name.

And the final picture is them all in this batch together.  You will be able to blow the figure up quite large on screen and see all the mistakes that I make. I ask you NOT to point them out as I am already aware of them.

All the best Next post on Monday.



16 comments:

  1. Yet more wonderful colour combinations that I'm sure to shamelessly steal at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. Feel free to steal anything on this blog at any time. I am sure I have from others as well.

      Delete
  2. Marvellous work Clint. I do like that leader's stripy trousers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin. The strippie trousers were an impulse at the last minute!

      Delete
  3. Nice work, Clint, and the group photo was much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. It is usually Joe who wants a group shot!

      Delete
    2. I suspect most gamers appreciate a group shot. I know I do.

      Delete
    3. Cheers Bryan. I cannot offer more than a 2 week group shot as they do go back to Matt after that. But at least I can do one of each batch just prior to him getting them.

      Right now to start some 25 year old Vikings, re paint and re base!

      Delete
  4. Great stuff Clint, and the group shot really is much-appreciated. Wonderful painting and I'm looking forward to the Vikings :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blax the 15mm Vikings are very old (at least 25 years) so they do need a re base and re paint. Before I start a new batch of fresh dark age lead!

      Delete
  5. Ooh Vikings..... Great job on the burpas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. The Vikings are a mix of Minifigs, Tabletop Games, Two Dragons and just a couple of Essex. I will start with 4 bases of Skirmishers. Just to get my hand back in!

      Delete
  6. Good bunch of Burpas once more. I always enlarge the pics, not to spot mistakes, but to catch all the little details that you pick out.
    Still liking the duller colours, even the 'gaudy' leader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. Enlarge to your hearts content, just do not point the mistakes out. But by all means have a laugh to yourself.

      Delete
  7. Nice....like the colour scheme😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt. I have a load more to do. So expect some more this week, but an AAR tomorrow!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.