Saturday 9 July 2016

More Burpas!

Starting with a group shot of the 10 I have finished. Some you will recognise from a couple of days back and yet 6 of the 10 are new.

As with the last lot I painted. these are a little bright as they were all started on the same day and I am yet to get in the swing of it.  I have managed to tone down some of the colours though and the next lot will be more toned down as well as I fear if I carry on in this same style they will look like sweets on the table and not like tribesmen.

All the figures are Foundry 28mm Indian Hill Tribesmen and all are painted for my Mate Matt.  The things I am painting for myself are a lot less interesting!!!!! It is things like painting a real life (NOT MODEL ) Garden wall!

As you can see there are a mixture of missile and sword armed troops so a nice balance for skirmish games. You may note that one fellow has a two handed sword! (Bottom Picture in brown) I suspect this is more a ceremonial be-heading implement than a true weapon of war. But I have to admit I do not know very much at all about Indian weapons so take everything I say with a pinch of salt.

All in all they all look all right so I will pass them on to Matt Tomorrow all being well.


14 comments:

  1. Fantastically colourful Clint!! These look great, with your colour choice making their characterful poses appear even more dynamic. Great group shot too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax. I fear I may be to colourful to be authentic so I will tone them down for the next batch. (or 2 batches)

      Delete
  2. More lovely additions. Love your new banner as well off to MAR's are we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. I am just getting bored with the old image and wanted a change. I have also suggested that Space 1889 might be back in vogue at least for me!

      Delete
  3. Very colourful, Clint, which is meant as a compliment. I think your colours work well for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. I do tend to think of Indians as being colourful, even though I know it does vary from region to region. So I will make the next batch some what more "dull" in colour.

      Delete
  4. Lovely work Clint :)

    The more colourful ones could always be the family of the chieftain, or more successful bandits who have spent their ill-gotten gains on looking fancy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamsin. You are right that perhaps they have more wealth or more status. And can always be used as such I know I keep saying the next batch will be less colourful but until I paint them it is all jus talk.

      Delete
  5. Love the new banner Clint, these guys are lovely, the colours are fine don't worry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gobbo. Boring painting on the paint table at present, so I will so go back to "Techni-colour". But I will see what Matt says tomorrow when I hand them back to him.

      Delete
  6. They look so good Clint, I adore the range of colours that you have used - wonderful work Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. Matt also likes the bright colours on the figures. I have only used colours I could dye in a medieval setting (but not in the correct proportions) So I do know it may be authentic.

      Delete
  7. I have to say I prefer the muted colours of the newer figures more than the original quartet, but they do all work together well as a group.
    Fine work as always Clint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe. I will be making the next batch much more muted colours. More like the ones we see in Afghanistan today on news footage.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.