Friday 11 November 2016

A loyt of painting

Mostly I have been painting in my spare time and not progressing the Klintanistan game. But It is slowly progressing and I hope to finish 2 more players turns this evening.... that is of course until the football comes on and then sorry I will be glued to the TV.  However until the kick off here are a few more figures to entertain you.

Yes more 28mm Foundry Sikhs above is a group shot of all the ones painted this week. 2 Flag bearers as well as officers (both European and native officers) non commissioned officers and enlisted men. I have split them into smaller groups so you can see them more clearly and not just a bunch of kahki clad figures.

The Flags are from a famous Irish regiment and not Indian at all. But a lack of Indian flags are produced commercially so I just went with what looked good. For the historical perfectionists among you I do apologise and do indeed look forward to you sending me replacements. What you are not going to send replacements well in that case hard luck I am not changing them.

As part of the Empire they are entitled to carry the Union Flag (only called a Jack when it is flown at see).  Two of the officers wear sheep skin coats to keep the cold out in the chilly night of the high mountain passes, all the other troops are in uniform Which in this period is Khaki. I am told when the army swapped from red uniforms to khaki  they dye was sent as a powder in tins and the instructions were not totally clear so many different shades were produced due to the local water and the amount of dye that was added. So as far as I am concerned any Kharki is right for this period.  If you know better I would be happy to hear from you.

Well that is the painting done for this week now I need to get typing.

All the best folks and I should manage a post either Sunday night or Monday morning.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Bye from Clint

22 comments:

  1. I hope those flag pole tops aren't as sharp as they look! Somebody is bound to stab themselves during the first game

    Nice bunch of Sikhs, Clint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roy. The flag poles are just as sharp as they look. I have stabbed myself a few times on them enough to draw blood, but not this time.

      Delete
  2. cool unit and pointing flags. The pain of phalanx pushers hand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin I know that pain quite well enough.

      Delete
  3. I think all khaki is good for me 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt. I find Khaki as hard to paint as to spell.

      Delete
  4. looking good. Any idea when the term "Kings/Queens Colors" fell our of favor for the Union Flag?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adam. I am not sure if the term Queens colours have ever fallen out of fashion and Indeed I should have used the term.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. Overall I am happy with them.

      Delete
  6. I love the Sikhs Clint and don't worry about the flags, my Napoleonic regiments are mostly from "the Buffs", the East Kent regiment and they only had one batallion in the Peninsula war and none at Waterloo, but I wanted them anyway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy. I know the Buffs, and would have done the same if doing Napoleonic wargames.

      Delete
  7. Your Khaki is fine and this bunch of figures look great too, though I an't say I'm a fan of the "Standing firing" figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. There is a guy at my club how does not like figures that are firing as he thinks they would spend so little time doing so when compered to either marching or loading.

      Delete
  8. Fab additions Clint! The flag has turned out very nice in particular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. I have not made it a secret I do not enjoy doing flags. So I always moan about it.

      Delete
  9. the flags look fine Clint. Really nice use of the Irish one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hil very good flag recognition.

      Delete
  10. They look great, figures and flags! And nice presentation as usual with the background pics...have to try it one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. The backgrounds are nothing special just a very crude attempt to give some form of context.

      Delete
  11. Oddly enough, they look very similar to the Foundry Sikhs that I completed recently (though mine are for Congo, not the North West Frontier).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C6. Well the British of this period did have forces everywhere.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.