Thursday 27 April 2017

2nd Platoon (WW2 Japanese15mm)

Well I have just finished the 2nd Platoon for my PBI Pacific war.  So strongly working towards a full supported company. Like the last Platoon this platoon consists of 10 stands (I added more to the last
platoon....not as yet seen). These 10 stands are:
  • 1 Command Stand (pistol Armed)
  • 2 Light Machine Gun stands
  • 2 Light Mortar stands
  • 5 Rifle stands.
Yes I do intend to make a 3rd platoon. And Yes I still have some figures left to paint so each of these platoons MAY well get expanded. But for now that is the platoon

To the right is the full company (so far). From left to right:
  • 2 70mm Infantry guns (I may get 2 more)
  • Mortar section consisting of a command stand and 2 Mortars. Again this can/will be expanded.
  • 1st Platoon, Using the same composition as that listed above.
  • Command section consisting of 2 snipers and company command (with battle flag!)
  • 2nd Platoon. Exactly as shown above.

At the back is the destroyed tankette objective marker.

The next stage is to get the third platoon ready and then PERHAPS get some more support. This support could be mortars, Machineguns, Tankettes or Tanks. I am not sure just yet.

Thanks for looking and now back to reality. I am expecting some more shinies to arrive today as my LAST I am not going to Salute self Pressie. Nothing so very exciting that you need to know in advance but some more 10mm Spanish Civil War stuf and some more Rssian Civil war stuff is ALREADY on the painting table.

So until next time take care and get the paint brush out and some figures painted!
Best Wishes Clint

19 comments:

  1. It's always nice to see a group shot of the figures you're painting. This force is growing very nicely and as usual I am amazed at your ability to paint such small figures so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. I do consider doing a zombie horde in 15mm you really could get the horde effect that way. But for now back to historical.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful stuff Clint, and a cracking group shot too - really helps me appreciate just how large your force has already become. This is a great project, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how the dice roll for them in an AAR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. When I add another platoon I will do another group shot. I will not for the other mortars and Infantry guns though. They are just at the size for a game. And I do mean JUST. I really do need to get a few other things done first. (there is a decided lack of armour which I will need to address pretty soon.

      Delete
  3. I do like to see a group shot Clint, as it reminds just how well this project has gone. Fabulous job Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. I hope to get them in a game in about 6 weeks.

      Delete
  4. Excellent looking troops Clint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. No ideas what will be next! Maybe Zombies/dragons/robots or maybe something historical.

      Delete
  5. Love a good Japanese army Clint. These are just that. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carl. They could play very well. Only time will tell.

      Delete
  6. These are looking excellent Clint. Really nice mate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. Still more to do of course, but getting there.

      Delete
  7. Coming on very nicely are those forces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irqan. Another platoon to do of course and then some support but the light is at the end of the tunnel!

      Delete
  8. Great Stuff Clint , your company is coming on very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jerry. Always more to do, but it is taking shape. The lack of armour and effective anti tank is a worry, but I can rectify that I am sure. But I know Graham (My normal opponent will try to field as much and as heavy in the tank way as possible!) So I think some countermeasures will be required!

      Delete
  9. Thanks Joe. I am looking to get them on the table in 4-6 weeks. There are still things to do and maybe a 3rd Platoon. (I already have the figures. ) Maybe a pioneer platoon, all knee mortars, flame throwers and satchel charges! That should be fun.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment.