Saturday 29 April 2017

The last of my....

"I am not going to Salute!" spending.  Firstly a small order from Pendraken Miniatures  (LINK ) Just some more Spanish Civil war stuff. And so far the only thing I have finished painting is shown to the right. It is quite the ugliest vehicle I have ever painted. Which is not to say it was not well cast but is to say the design of this type of Republican armoured truck is like a sink on wheels. In fact I have called it in my head either the sink or Bathtub of doom! As vehicle designs go it is not all that inspiring.

Just to show you how bad it is here is one more shot.  In the game (Bayonet and Ideology) it comes in pairs and can only more 1 space per turn while off road...On road it can motor! Needless to say these were not built in factories in the Spanish civil war but garages. I have not put it in any particular colour scheme or with slogans as I want it to be used by militias of each side.

Other than the sink of doom I mostly purchased light machine guns as I had none and in the rules I plan to use there can be 1 per platoon . Which is far less than you would usually get in a WW2 game. But that is the Spanish civil war for you.

The other Purchase is The Walking Dead (all out war).. Yes I like zombie games and saw a few play throughs on uTube  before spending any money. I plan to build a battle board and terrain, but that will be on another blog. (28 Dice Later) I may even intend to platy a few games, but that is for the future and not yet. There is nothing As yet on that blog.

That is it for today I am just waiting for paint to dry on some Russian Civil war Cossacks as I type this. So they should (fingers crossed be finished this afternoon.

Thanks for looking today, have a good and long weekend and with luck see you soon.

All the best Clint

12 comments:

  1. You sure are right, Clint, that is one horrendously ugly looking vehicle!

    Good on you for buying The Walking Dead. I have found it a lot of fun to play and it is certainly one of the better zombie games on the market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. Clearly the vehicle is not going to win many beauty competitions.

      As for The walking dead game I am filled with optimism.

      Delete
  2. That's a great-looking model imho Clint, and despite its 'ugliness' would certainly be attracting my attention during a game. What an interesting painting subject.

    As for "The Walking Dead", I too succumbed to that boxed set at "Salute", so would be very interested in seeing how you get on with it, and what your thoughts are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, so far my thoughts are positive with regards to TWD game. I Hope It will even run as a blog game.... with a little reworking.

      As for the truck. Many Spanish Civil war vehicles were dark grey. However just as many did have camouflage patterns in stead. It really came down to individual sectors or units.

      Delete
  3. That is an ugly* brick of a truck Clint - nice work :)

    *the vehicle, not the painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin. I understood without the explanation. It sure is an ugly truck I have no idea why Pendraken chose that one!

      Delete
  4. I love your Battle Bathtub and there are a quite a few other SCW monstostities about too, equally bizarre.
    I'm not completely convinced by TWD game, but will keep an open mind and look forward to what you say about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. I agree there are so many things in the SCW that are just BIZARE.

      As for TWD game. Again time will tell. But the UTube bat reps and the rules do read well. SO it is off to a good start.

      Delete
  5. I'm impressed you've managed to paint up your 'not going to Salute' swag already. I haven't even unpacked mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. I have only painted some of it. Very little in fact. I find the more I buy the less I paint. So If I had gone to Salute nothing would have been done at all.

      Delete
  6. Vehicle is great....although ugly. In 1940 the Brits had lovely vehicles but they also made some square metal boxes on wheels I just camp the bring myself to make one 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt. I do know what you mean. HoweverIn this war there were a number of far more sleek armoured trucks that almost have a futuristic (for the time) look to them. And then there is this "Sink" like tub!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.