Thursday 20 July 2017

£25 THANK YOU Money well spent. (I think)

yes I won £25 on Bryan's ( LINK AKA Vampifan's) Blog. I am sure you are all regular readers so I will say no more about the blog.

So here is what I spent the money on. (I believe it had to be wargames or at least wargames related.... NO I could not just buy beer, jeez some people) I did scour the internet and try to find the best (for me ) BARGAINS. Top to bottom left to right!




  • A set of Deep ones. These are Black Cat bases (SHOP LINK) For a while I have thought about doing a bit of Lovecraftian wargaming/roleplaying. I  had not seen the figures in the "flesh" and just did not know if they were any good. I am delighted to say they are lovely. When I sent the order off I had no indication of if it had arrived or how long it might take or anything else. So one day about 12 (less than 2 weeks at least) later I received a small parcel via the ROYAL MAIL>  I will e getting more from this company now I have seen the quality.
  • 2 figures from Dave Stone at Warganes Terrain Workshop (WTW shop link) I was surprised that no one else had said that they wanted the free figures. Well Free figures has my name all over it! And seeing the two figures That I received I am so very pleased I said I did want them.  They are both Judge Dredd figures. One (the large) is a 2 part casting of a gorilla judge. I say 2 part casting as it has a choice of weapons. (Either a lawgiver or a stun baton) To my eye the baton is the best choice as I think I would be more scared of a gorilla with a baton than a gorilla with a gun.  And Tweek. I was never a huge fan of Tweek in the comics, he was all right but to me he was more an annoyance than a supporting character. Each to their own though and I am sure others will have the opposite view. Of the two figure I prefer this figure. Not being in a judges uniform it can be used in any sci fi game. personally (not that I am any judge) I prefer the sculpting as well. I have always had VERY daft ideas about putting on a "Clangers" show game and this figure would IF converted make a very nice "Clanger". I did say it was a daft idea.
  • I was also very lucky to get a pack of Type I Ho-Ni Tank destroyers for my slowly growing 15mm Japanese force. More about the Ho-Ni (Type I) when I get around to painting them. Ideally I would have preferred some Chi Ha medium tanks but 3 of those would easily have tipped the free moey way over the top
So £25 well spent in my opinion all of which have uses, although not all are exciting and new projects but once again a BIG thank you to Bryan.

24 comments:

  1. Great haul, Clint, and kudos to Bryan for putting on such a prize. I'm especially looking forward to seeing you paint up your Deep Ones as I've been tempted by them myself - I'm sure PaintMonkey will push me over the edge :-) Good to see you like Dave Stone's Tweak and Heston too, great sculpts imho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. Since the deep ones arrived I have been looking at them and pondering. I know in my head what I want them to look like. (It is just telling the paintbrush!) If you order anything from Black Cat bases expect NO communications BUT they are working away behind the scenes.
      As for Tweek and Judge Heston all I can say is wait and see.

      Delete
  2. Very nice. I'm waiting for Pendraken to offer more choices for their Japanese range before I tackle them in WW2. But I look forward to seeing how you get on with these tank destroyers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roy. The 14th (forgotten) army and the battle in Burma Malaya, Singapore etc are not popular with wargames who prefer tanks (on the whole). So do not expect Pendradken to rush to do any Japanese. I am sure they will do more but the far east is never going to be as popular as the western front, so any business is going to do what sells first. (and who can blame them for that!)

      Delete
  3. Nice haul Clint, and good use of the £25 you got a fair bit there for the money, have fun with the models

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave, I did include postage as well within the £25 budget so I think I have done very well indeed. However it all comes down to personal choice and everyone would buy things that suited them (Oh it is currently raining......I am surprised!)

      Delete
  4. Excellent selection Clint, and once again, a HUGE shout for Bryan and his generous prize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Addict. I agree a HUGE thanks to Bryan. I have had a load of fun getting the stuff. So much more fun than when you buy it with your own money.

      Delete
  5. Hey, Clint, I am so glad to see you buying stuff you really wanted and are clearly going to enjoy. That is a very eclectic mix of figures you have there. Once again, congratulations on being a prize winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. I agree there are things there that will make some people scratch their heads and wonder. But in my mixed up brain it all makes sense, even if I am not currently talking about things very much... in a sssh it's a secret type of way! 8-)

      Delete
  6. Bravo Sir, what a great haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. I am very pleased! I am most looking forward to the Deep Ones. But the Tank Destroyers will most likely get started first... Just after I finish my 3rd Platoon for the Japanese.

      That way I should have enough points to get a game with.

      Delete
  7. Nice selection. Money well spent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee. Now I just have to paint them all.... what shall I start with I wonder?

      Delete
  8. agreed money well spent, with some lovely models. I love my Heston and Tweek models and they sit proudly on my JD shelf. congrats on your prize

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. Judge Heston is not due to be started for quite some while. Tweek can be painted quickly so that may be a different matter.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. Let us just say I am VERY grateful.

      Delete
  10. Nice haul and thanks for the link for the Gorilla Judge. I will have to add that to my growing 2000AD miniatures collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you Carl. We all need a Gorilla judge.

      Just let you Know the FINAL Japanese INFANTRY platoon is now started. As have the Deepones makes you wonder what colour a Deep ones eyes should be?

      Delete
  11. Nice one Clint, those are some rather nice goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. Nothing to suit your exact taste I suspect. But my taste exactly.

      Delete
  12. I 'd say you got value for money with a nice mix of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. I have started painting the deep ones already, so expect them in a week or so.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.