I have painted her in the cheap uniform suits that lower management have at supermarkets. She has to wear the uniform, which means she has to wear this colour and style of suits and sometimes life just bites so she just has to bite back.
I will do a show report tomorrow (fingers crossed). Untill then here is my swag. With a list of what I got and from which trader and what I intend to do with it.
Theer were other things I had anticipated getting but they were just not available. So alas I just did not get them. I may even put a list of what I shall paint this week if I am feeling brave.
The Selwg loot left to right top to bottom.
- 3 packs of 28mm figures from Ironclad miniatures. These are the "Brand new German stormtrupers. Pack 7 is German officers and petty officers.(2 Figurse). Pack 9 is 4 German stormtrupers with rifles. and pack 6 is 4 German Stormtruppers with Pistols and sabres. (Sabres just sounds more Germanic than swords) I may have the pack numbers wrong but you can get them here LINK
- Then 2 pots of paint from Colonel Bill (LINK) White because I am close to running out and Chestnut brown because I always need brown paint for bases if nothing else. It must be the colour I use most.
- 2 packs of MDF bases and one pack of counters. The bases are mostly for the triumph and tradegy rules (More of them soon I promises my precious... oh stop it!) But the large bases perhaps for some diesel punk cars while the small ones are for 20mm figures. Having checked prices they were cheapest on the day here.(products for wargamers) Yes that was another link.
- 2 Packs of Ainsty Castings (You guessed it another LINK) These are for 28mm Diesel punk games and for that I make no apologise. 1 pack is some tyres and 1 pack is some modern/sci fi Barrels. Not greatly exciting but they should add something to the table.
- 1 Pack of peter Pig Bases, 30x30mm sq. ( Yet another LINK ) Again not a huge outlay and one I do use a LOT so worth it I deemed.
- 1 set of rules. "The Triumph and the tragedy!" A set of Skirmish rules for the interwar period. I am particularly excited by these as it will let me use my 20mm Afghan boards in a different time period. They are quite slim so I do expect them to be read in an evening by most people or a week by me. These were purchased from Empress Miniatures (Can't think what this may be why not click it and find out?) The absolute joy of Back of Beyong is that there are several armies that can be used depending on your own political religios or whimsical desires. You can use anything from Red Russian Cossacks to Chinese Warlord armies. from British forces in India to Turks or French Foreign Legion or White Russians or even Japanese! You can almost use any force in central Asia in a back of beyond setting. Yes Ray you could use Yeti's if you really wanted to... (No Okay that is a bit of a stretch but) I think I counted 16 armies that could all be used and still be historically correct. (stop wondering if anyone makes 20mm Yetis! Stop it!)
So finally here is a RADDISH that I dug up yesterday. Shall we just say it is something ONLY the grower could love. If it was a child you would think it was a "Cabby Patch Kid" toy dolly. But for me it is quite lovely. Look I know what you are thinking stop giggling and pointing! I won't say it again.
For seeds I used a "French Breakfast Radish" That's just the name of the seed I do not know if they taste better at breakfast or not or If the French like them. All I know is it is the first Radish I have grown and while it may not win any beauty contests I for 1 like the look of it.... Will you stop giggling? If you don't stop I will send you out of the room. So quiet now!
|That is my hand holding it before you get smutty!|
Just to show the scale.