Thursday 18 January 2018

VBCW Fascist Gun Crew

yep some Empress miniatures gun crew. Officially these are for the Spanish Civil War but the double up very nicely to be Very British Civil War figures.

I know boring background as it was taken on the dining room table and not one of my usual backdrops. I shall rectify that for when they are seen next. (Probably Saturday).

If they were SCW you might expect grey helmets and not very very dark green. That is one of the joys of VBCW you can change the colours to suit as you want and perhaps make new uniforms.

Again 28mm and painted for Matt. I have another gun crew on the painting table and they should be ready in a day or two.

Post script: My ECW figures have turned up and I shall start one as a trial today. No spoilers though but I have been working out the best way to paint the Family Tartan.

13 comments:

  1. I like the colour scheme you've chosen for them. Any chance of showing them with their gun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan. The bad news is that Matt has all the cannon. Therefore I am unable to offer any pics of them with a gun. Sorry.

      Another gun crew should be finished tonight.

      Delete
  2. Nicely painted and photographed, Clint.
    Good luck on the tartan. I painted one figure in such, a long time ago, but have no wish to try again. So rather you than me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies for the deleted comments, below, my Internet link went down when submitting the original comment and then things wen't iffy. No idea why it posted multiples of the original.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Roy. No worries about multiple comments I have deleted them.

      As for Tartan. If I wanted a generic Tartan that would not be an issue. Unfortunately I want a specific family tartan. And that creates PROBLEMS.... but I will over come them in the end.

      As for the Gun Crew. It is hard to paint Empress Miniatures badly, the sculps are so nice.

      Delete
  3. SCW or VBCW, either way they look terrific to me, Clint, and your basing on them really helps set them off!! Great work :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. Another gun crew is very soon to be finished as well. probably the weekend maybe next week, only time will tell.

      Delete
  4. Very cool looking VBCW Clint, as you say the joy's of this is you can make up any colour scheme you want, great work as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. The next crew are now finished as well so they should be showing on a blog near here soon.

      Delete
  5. Great Crewmen and despite their heritage won't look amiss in a VBCW setting.
    (On a different note I doubt very much whether your family tartan existed in the 17th C)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. As for Tartan I think you are right. However it will make the figure so much more fun for me if I manage to get it right.

      Also the fascists will look just as good in VBCW as they will in SCW. And for that I also thank you.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.