Saturday 20 January 2018

Miner Gun Team

Well here is the "other" gun team I was talking about. They are 28mm "Ironclad Miniatures" (LINK) miner Gun crew. This now allows matt to use the same guns but with different crews as a wide choice of forces may be fielded. Being Ironclad miniatures they are 28mm and as such will tit in with the rest of his VBCW collection. Which by now is quite large.

I have painted them all in dull colours to best reflect the miners of the period and the clothes they would wear. I am not saying they never wore yellow and orange suits just that I have never seen it. The miners helmets are a common theme but in reality I am sure a miner unit would also have people who did not work underground in it as well. So maybe it is as much uniform as practical clothing for working underground.

The final Pic shows both new gun teams together. Miners on the left and Fascists on the right.

Thanks for looking today more again soon. maybe an AAR on Monday. Until then take care have fun and paint if the mood takes you.

Al the best Clint

12 comments:

  1. Very nice Clint, you've really captured the essence of the faction in the painting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. It is only a guess as to what the colours of miners of this period should be. Yet somehow I did see them as wearing drab colours.

      Delete
  2. Oh I like those Miners enormously, Clint. They are excellent and you've picked a great colour scheme for them. Marvellous stuff, and maybe an AAR on Monday too - terrific weekend posting :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax. The AAR will depend on the game tomorrow and if I remember a camera. As for the miners I think they turned out OKAY, at least I am happy with them.

      Delete
  3. Nice work. I like the look of that dark paint colour and the lighter contrast colour you've used. Looks a handy couple of paints to have for such types.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roy. The miners are not painted in a single colour so any dark colour that comes to hand is a good start. They are a lot easier than Tartan that is for sure!

      Delete
  4. I never thought of miners as gunners but it has a certain logic to it as some miners are very familiar with explosives. Interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. In the Spanish Civil war some Austrian Miners hurled Dynamite in slings. So you comment does have a lot of historical basis. But I am sure you knew that already.

      Delete
  5. Good additions to the VBCW front imo. The helmets, whilst probably useless do give them a more martial apprearance and would undoubtedly be a morale thing too imo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. I totally agree, helmets would not stop a bullet. BUT might stop shrapnel and as you say would also bost morale. Given the choice I think I would wear one.

      More VBCW figs started.

      Delete
  6. These look cracking Clint. Job well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. Starting some more tonight..... another 4-5 I think.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.