Friday 16 March 2018

Longships 1 (blue and orange)

Yes I have finally grasped the nettle and started my "Longships" force. Let me start by saying Longships is a se of rules by Peter Pig. Not the best set of rules but I have honestly played a LOT worse. Each force has to be 5 units (plus Skirmishers) and cannot be more than 400 points so you never need to paint far to many megalomaniac armies!

Each unit needs a leader @20 points x 5=100 points) each unit needs at least 3 Unarmoured stands.3x8 = 24 points (x5) totals 120.) So far you have spent 220 points out of the 400.  Therefore there are not so many choices.

On with the painted figures. These all come from my 40 year old Viking army so they are old figures. As such some will be saying I remember while others will be scratching their heads and saying "I have never seen... " Most of these figures are by TTG (Tabletop Games) at least 2 are Minifigs and one is Two Dragons. For those that really want to know.

I have painted them up with Blue and Orange shields so I can easily identify the units (and not historically accuracy). So a game convention and not one with any provenance!

Not the very best painted figures, but they will do for a game so further detail was not needed.

That is it for today. Thanks for looking and more again soon.

10 comments:

  1. Nice looking Vikings Clint, look forward to seeing these develop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, another 4 units to go. (Plus Skirmishers and berserkers , if I am to use them). At this time I am not sure I will. However 1 lot of berserkers are painted and included.

      Delete
  2. Great painting Clint, I do like a bit of Orange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray, you are not alone, my cousin likes orange as well. their fav colour.

      Delete
  3. A very colourful force to be sure, Clint, and I'm looking forward to seeing how these get on in future games of "Long Ships" :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. I have started the second unit as well. While I have high hopes I am also acutely aware that the reality will be very different.

      Delete
  4. Very nice mate, I’d love to see these in a batrep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. Loads more to do of course. this is about 1/5 or 1/6th of the figures needed. But at least it is a firm start.

      Delete
  5. I was expecting 'boats', but it's always pleasing to see old figures re-used. I'm guessing these are 15mm, but with your painting skill these could easily be mistaken for larger figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. Yes these are 15mm mostly OLD Table top Games figures. There is another unit started as well (blue and white) but that will take a while as they are just not coming along.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.