Sunday 18 March 2018

Snow stops play! So cattle instead!

Yes you did read that correctly. The snow is not so bad and we should be putting a game on at a show today. However we are not, nor are we having a club day either. Although the snow is not too bad the Ice is pretty bad. bad enough to have a local weather advisory saying we should only travel if it is nessercary.

So instead here are some "Warbases" Highland cattle. they are 28mm and come in a pack (of 3, those shown) for £4 which I think is quite reasonable for what you get. And if/when I need more I shall be happy to get some at that price.  The horns come separate so need to be attached but they go together very easily. Painting is equally easy. And as a consequence they group are easily finished in a day, including bases.

Over all a very quick and easy addition to the model collection and while they will not be in many games I am sure they will make a table appearance soon enough.

That's it for today. Not sure what next, either ECW or Vikings most likely. So until then take care paint if you can and roll some dice if you get the opportunity.

All the best Clint

17 comments:

  1. I think the snow and ice warning is all over Clint we have the same warning in the South West. The cattle look great and as you say a good price

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, better safe than sorry. I do not think the show will be well attended. I shall look on it as a webb shopping opportunity instead! (That could be dangerous!)

      Delete
  2. A nicely painted small herd of cattle. Where I live we have a thick covering snow that has turned into ice in many places. It is a day to stay indoors and concentrate on hobby activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan. The ice here is like glass! best to stay warm and keep safe I feel. Started both Vikings and ECW figs so it could be anything next!

      Delete
  3. Nice cows mate. Bargain for £4 and paint up great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. I am tempted to get more. Only I do not need more!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Tamsin. I did have a loot and show report planned but that went out of the window at 5am today

      Delete
  5. They should keep nice and warm in all the snow. Lovely job Clint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. They were an easy and fun paint. Looks like back to ECW next time. bases and a tidy up to do. And still snowing here, it stops starts to clear and another lot hit!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Andy. I think in our local parlance they are called "Kowh-yahs!" although I am not sure exactly how that is spelt! Anyone not from Kent (or London) will make no sense of that comment but locally among the rougher speakers Cow is a 2 syllable word!

      Delete
  7. I think you've spent your time well, all things considered. Whilst I like these a lot I ca't help but wonder whether the very distinctive breed limits their use a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. You may be correct about their use age. BUT I think any dark age 28mm farm to French Indian wars they will work well. What is more as moving terrain most players just will not care.

      ECW next..... nearly finished 3 more.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. Once the weather improves I may even make some terrain as well. But at present the idea of spending hours in an unheated shed does not appeal.

      Delete
  9. Nice. I always love these. They look a bit like muppets. Nice paint job.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment.