Saturday 26 May 2018

T 55 (6mm)

Firstly I am sorry for no posts for a while. I was not up to it. Alright now so Please say nothing and we can get back to normal as swiftly as possible. I would say a "Thank you to the person (hero) who did email to enquire. Cheers mate I appreciate it.

Not much of as post today. I am working like a swan though and all will be revealed in due course. Anyone asking will be ignored though!

 Here are a COMPANY of post war Russian T-55s. That's not true though I had extras so there is an additional PLATOON (Engineering) of 3 tanks. ( Right in the first picture).

Can I use them in 1980's "Challenger 2" WARGAMING? Yes of course! I can use them in a Russian Naval regiment OR By Bulgarian or Hungarian support forces, perhaps to invade Turkey in a cold war era game I have suggested. But that is years away just yet , and ONLY in my head.  I shall of course be adding to this force in the  coming month until my "Spaniel" attention span gives me other "shinies" to take a look at.

The models are all 6mm or 1/300th scale Heroics and Ros. As yet I do not have any boards to play on but that is all planned for the future. (BUT do not hold your breath).

I PLAN to be back posting ever 2nd day this week and should I think already have enough posts.

So pack up any worries you may have, enjoy your hobby and paint or game if you get the chance.

All the best Clint

12 comments:

  1. Don't worry about it theres no point stressing :) Great looking tanks mate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. Many more to go I am sure enough to get even the most ardent wargamer bored!

      Delete
  2. Nice Challenger II's. Hope everything is ok mate,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee. Had a rough time but currently through the other side! Not the most popular of tank or the most popular of scale.

      Delete
  3. The tanks look great Clint, for 6mm they seem to have a great amount of detail and look impressive all laid out together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. Painted up some of your terrain today. So expect to see it soon. (I hope, I say hope as trying to finish some boards first!)

      Delete
  4. Great to have you back. Your tanks do look very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. I know not your thing, so expect some of your kind of thing (but 15mm) later this week!

      Delete
  5. Painting tanks = happy hobbyist. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. This was a nostalgia trip for me. All the way back to being 14 years old.

      Delete
  6. Everyone needs a break (enforced or not) and how exacly does a swan work ?
    Good looking group of tanks and a surprsing amount of detail considering these are 6mms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. One of the earliest tanks the Russians used back in the 1980's and from what I am told horrible to drive! But I had them sitting around and they needed updating.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.