Saturday 23 June 2018

15mm crew

In most games you do not need to show crew. So I usually do not bother unless the vehicle is open topped. However Jon Tuffney at GZG has at some shows a box of spare samples castings. Sometimes I take one and work out what to do with it when I get home. So these are 2 of the samples that I have taken from my "I'll get round to it one day!" box and painted up. GZG are here (LINK)and these are 15mm "Stargrunt figures"
I cannot say from that packs as they were free samples.

I went for the brightest orange I could to reflect the fact that they are not really combatants and may indeed be civilians. They may not but as free figures they do not actually fit into any organised units so from my point of view there is no reason not to use them as crew.

The vehicle is very old by the way, so old I forgot who made in and it is possibly no longer in production, UNLESS you Know better!

I Know not a major new painting venture and nothing to get excited about. I shall try to get more done for Monday but with England playing tomorrow I am not sure how much I shall achieve. Currently repainting my 1/300th scale Sci fi to colour match the moon boards so kindly bear with me a little longer! As I desperately try NOT to get side tracked onto WW2.

All the best Clint

20 comments:

  1. Nice work. The figure w/handgun is from SG15-V08 Armed Civilians/Colonists pack B and the other looks like he's from SG15-U20 UNSC Light Infantry Rifles pack A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Five. As they were free samples I had no idea what they were so good to give them a title. For me though they will remain as crew!

      Delete
  2. These look great Clint, and even bigger bonus they were freebies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. We all love freebies. As such I shall be painting some SCI FI civilians soon.

      Delete
  3. Five Alpha got the minis right the vehicle is still available from Alternate Armies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Don. I will need to check out "Alternative Armies" I appreciate the heads up.

      Delete
  4. They've turned out really well, Clint. Nice additions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. With luck some more on Monday..... But most likely 6mm sci fi.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. 6:30 Sunday morning and I am already painting.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. Just 2 free figures painted up and now ready to go.

      Delete
  7. Nice work Clint, bet you don't use that orange very much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray I bought that orange for my Dutch Aeronef fleet. And as a mixing colour it gets a surprising amount of use. But I do not need to buy it to many times.

      Delete
  8. I always get confused when you post 15mms as they look like my 28mm figures (though yours are painted a bit better).
    I love seeing vehicle crews (I had several for my 20mm tanks) and your choice of colour is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. Always good to have a few crew for vehicles.

      Delete
  9. Orange jump suits...hmmm. Nice use of some 'spare' figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee. I hope to pick a few more "spare" figures up at SELG show. You just never know your luck.

      Delete
  10. Great job Clint. Nothing says Sci Fi like a an Orange uniform :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. Orange is an underused colour. Currently so is purple lilac and even yellow!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.