Tuesday 14 August 2018

Buisy few days

After the heat and the weather sapping all my energy I now find myself full of zim and zigour. In other words the Mojo has returned. I therefore completed a unit for Lion Rampant. Ok not from scratch but a re-paint. There are things still to change! Firstly I may replace the bannerman with an archer. I feel this is most important. As suchthe re-paint of an additional archer is underway. Secondly I may replace the musician. And I may not. In lion rampant all troops need to be within 3" of a unit leader. As such the musician if they act as the unit leader (with no abilities) it may clearly mark a place all troops need to be within 3 inches of. So at present I am in 2 minds. I have spare archers so it is at this stage not a cost issue.


I plan another archer unit in Black and white (Sable and Argent) as the next part of this sub project! They should I hope be finished either today or tomorrow. Yes I shall blog them soon. If the gods will it, it shall be done with this group and the additional bowman and the bannerman removed. That gives me time to think about the musician.

Aeronef: All the parts I messed up arrived yesterday afternoon. (which is quite normal delivery via the postman. And no complaints about that what so ever!) As such early this morning about 3;30am I fitted the small turrets. And here it is ready for a second prime!

Therefore I shall start the painting any-time now! I am still unsure of the colours but As it is Victorian Science Fiction I will not follow the painted version on the Brigade web site.

I will now keep this hidden until finished! So no more aeronef for a while.

Retail therapy: I have purchased 2 things wargames related.  A box of Perry Plastics. These in time will bulk out my Lion Rampart force. Perhaps a unit of crossbows!  I have also contacted a few members of the wargames club to see if they have any spare figure I could buy of them for this project. Maybe I will be lucky on the weekend. Time will tell.

The second thing I bought was from Dave Stone.at Wargames Terrain Workshop (LINK ) A stand of Cactus.  I must admit I am itching to start painting this. Now before I do I need to carry on building some terrain which due to the heat had slipped onto the back burner. However thanks to Dave, {THANKS DAVE} it is moving to the front rapidly. In fact I MAY do some tonight! I feel I have a fresh start and that makes a lot of difference! I have noticed that WTW also make Dinosaurs! While I do not need any for any planned project it is definitely something to ponder for the future!

That#s it for today. Spare time planed already to painting models making terrain and If I get the chance a Cak ay get made as well as It seems ages since I made a Cake!

All the best Clint


12 comments:

  1. So glad to see your mojo has returned - that must be such a wonderful feeling. The black and white livery works very well on your archers. Good choice!

    I recently painted that very same cactus terrain piece as well as Dave's other cacti models for my Wild West games. You can't go wrong with Dave's terrain pieces which are of a very high quality and always reasonably priced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. Another Sable and argent unit of archers to finish. (Planned for today). After that who knows!

      The cactus stand just called to me. It was kind of an impulse buy I just could not resist! But I Now have plans for it.

      Delete
  2. Lots to look at and enjoy with this posting Clint. I love the look of your archers and the cactus looks suitably prickly too. Nice to see you becoming hooks on Dave’s wares as he’s a tip top bloke with a quality product :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax. yes I do like Dave's stuff. I liked it before met him but meeting him cinched it! But sanity prohibits me being to pleasant about the guy so I will just say he's OK!

      Delete
  3. That was a quick repaint Clint, the new colours work really well. Glad you liked the cacti, in answer to your question on the work bench I have a Pteranodon, and a pair of Dog crocs, but if there is a certain dino you would like us to do just ask

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. At present NO dinos. I'll let you know when I am ready (If ever... so don't hold your breath!) Yeah the Cactus really captured my imagination. Cheers mate.

      Delete
  4. Great to see you flying again Clint, wonderful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. The next unit (I hope) will be finished tonight. More of the same I al afraid!

      Delete
  5. Sweet and Clint is back on the painting pony :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. In real life I have fallen asleep on the back of a horse! That's true, not a joke! It really happened. (And NO alcohol was involved before you suggest anything!

      The next unit if also finished and now working on some figures for Matt. Expect the next unit of archers to appear tomorrow!

      Delete
  6. You have been a bisy chap, I'm very jealous !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. No need to be jealous plenty more of these to come and I am starting with the easy ones.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.